• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Filter Bar

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly lost my filter bar (the one normally located above the filmstrip). Because it is missing, my thumbnails in the filmstrip are very large filling the space where the filter bar used to be. I've read the resolution is to click on the work filter along the bottom in the library mode, grid view however, the word filter does not show up as I believe it is underneath the thumbnails. I'm hoping someone here has had the same experience and can help me out.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Press the letter T to toggle the toolbar on/off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the letter T to toggle the toolbar on/off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition-

You may be able to hold down CTRL/CMD key, hover cursor over thumbnails, and use the mouse scroll wheel to resize thumbnails.

If the thumbnail slider is not on the Tool bar (T) then click the drop-down menu and check it 'on'.

Also the size slider can disappear from view if the Lightroom workspace is reduced in size- expand the workspace to full screen and make the side panels narrower.

ScreenShot276.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing T togles the tool bar locted below thumbnails , i'm talking about the filter bar above thumbnails ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some troubleshooting steps:

1. What happens when you do the menu command View > Show Filter Bar?  

2. Is there a checkmark next to Show Filter Bar?

3. Do Help > System Info and report the exact version number of LR and Windows/Mac.

4. Post a full-resolution screenshot of your LR window. That often gives good clues as to what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Filter Bar, show/hide, hit the \ key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the initial question I think you will realize it was a reference to the toolbar rather than the filter bar. Just a mixup in terminology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this helped me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The \ key for me turns on or off the lens correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because you are in the Develop Module. To use the Filter Bar you have to be in the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the ONLY correct answer to the original question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Boultonphotography  wrote

This is the ONLY correct answer to the original question

Well Yes and No. The discussion topic header says Filter Bar but in the text of the actual question the OP is asking about the Tool Bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly lost my filter bar (the one normally located above the filmstrip). Because it is missing, my thumbnails in the filmstrip are very large filling the space where the filter bar used to be.

A couple of others have experienced similar symptoms:

Lightroom six filmstrip size stuck

Lightroom filmstrip images are too big

Resetting preferences solved their problem.  Give it a try and let us know if it works for you: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?25197-Resetting-the-lightroom-preferences-file-updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences was the only thing that worked after working on this all day. I owe someone a cup of coffee . . . or much more. Thanks so very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, also.  Seems to have improved a lot to things, actually.  Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset all options no filter bar the one at the top of the thumbnails not the tool bar below. anyone got any ideas seems my last option reinstall Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem solved MENU:- VIEW > SHOW FILTERS BAR   sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows>turn off show tabs bar>restart

totally worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines