• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen response delay for each stroke

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using my touchscreen laptop with my bamboo ink stylus. It was working properly until a day ago. Now I every time I want to use the pen, I need to wait for a second to do a brush stroke or eraser tool. If i use it normally, it will recognize it as a finger and scroll in the direction of the stroke. This cause slow drawing time than I normally get. ANyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Wacom users are also having panning problems Every tool acts like Move Tool, and latency: Intuos Pro

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is I cam not using a wacom pad or tablet. Im drawing straight on my touch screen laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop supports touch jesters like scrolling, zooming etc. Not touch drawing for tolls like paint brushes you need pen support not a stylus they are a finger substitute lack lack some pen functions like position the cursor before touching the surface.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version also has a smoothing function for pens and brushes. There is a percentage of smoothing on the adjustment banner at the top of the screen. It does slow down the drawing speed, but it creates smoother results. You can turn it on and off as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using this. Before the problem, this pen(stylus) worked perfectly on Photoshop CC 2017/2018. When I create a stroke. It takes a second before photoshop recognizes the pen's tip (nib). It acts as if it was the move command, scrolling in the direction of the pen's movement. The brush smoothness is fine. there is no delay there. the delay happens at the start of each stroke.

Last night after messing around, I noticed that I had to press the lower button on the pen to bypass the problem. But i dont want to have to press the button consistently to create a brush stroke or easer. Since this didn't happen before, it's got me thinking that Photoshop itself changed a setting. The Pen's driver is updated to its recent driver for my laptop and the settings are at the default as before.

download.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bamboo INK is at Wacom Pen for devices like Microsoft  Surface Pro machine that support pen via Microsoft ink.  If it worked before it should still work if Photoshop is using INK API for Pen support.  You should not add a PS user  Config file to Photoshop use Wintab API and not use INK Api.  Your Bamboo pen only supports INK API.   If your Bamboo a Device driver from Wacom to work you need to install it. Your Bamboo INK is a Pen device the require your machine have Pen support it is not a stylus that uses touch support.  If pens support is not operational you fingers using the Bamboo may activated touch ]]support.  When a pen in near your display if Pen support is working it should disable touch support and interface with Photoshop.  Your Laptop must have hardware the supports pen devices like the Wacom Bamboo and pens like Surface ntrig pens.   If is does not a pen will do you no good.  You stated the Bamboo worked in the past if it did and support pressure your machine has both touch support and pen support.  Like Surface Pro machines.

What model laptop do you have?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not add PSUserConfig. I have an Asus Q534UX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using my bamboo for several months with various applications without a problem until several days ago. It works properly in Illustrator, Rhino, and other CAD programs.

System also says its Pen and Touch enabled. Is there way to figure out how to update systems pen support driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows show you have Pen support.  Is Photoshop Seeing you have a pen.  With a document open a brush tool active does Photoshop see you have a pen or show a yellow warning in Brush Setting Shape Dynamics?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines