• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Size Shortcut Bug (Driving me Crazy)

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone ! I bought Photoshop CC today and already have a big problem (to me).
When I use the shortcut to change the brush size and opacity (Alt + Right Click + move the pen) it works really bad. I can't handle the right click of my stylus to make it appear, I need to click on it once, then it appears, then I can change the size and opacity BUT it doesn't disappear easily : I need to click everywhere many times to get it out (and losing the size I wanted in the same time).

It's like photoshop won't recognize the fact that i'm handling the right click while using Alt. The shortcut works when I'm not doing it on tablet. And the problem won't change if I'm using a shortcut for Alt or my keyboard Alt key.
But with other tools photoshop detect the fact that I handle the right click of my stylus btw.

Any idea to resolve this problem ?

(All my drivers are updates and I'm using an Intuos Pro M)

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

To make it easier I eliminate the need to use the Alt key by changing the bottom pen button default setting for Photoshop. Do not touch the tip to the tablet surface just hold it near the surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make it easier I eliminate the need to use the Alt key by changing the bottom pen button default setting for Photoshop. Do not touch the tip to the tablet surface just hold it near the surface.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god it works ! Thank you so so so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me, just now tried in my CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bastienc93332719  wrote

(All my drivers are updates and I'm using an Intuos Pro M)

Thanks !

Have you thought about using the Express Wheel?  I have set mine so that it toggles between brush size and rotate canvas with each press of the button.

I prefer to use presets for opacity, along with layer opacity, because I can control it after laying down the strokes, and do so non-destructively.  I use Fade for size and opacity when I need to control stroke by stroke, like when doing hair, eyebrows etc.  Often times even a single pixel is too thick, but lowering opacity lets you control the 'apparent' line strength.

I don't tend to use stylus buttons that much, other than right click to change the brush preset.  It looks like JJ has found a fix for you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines