Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colored Markers on clips with mapped shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know this question has been explored some but, I am wondering if anyone has any new info.  I am working with an editor that has spent many years working in Avid, and is accustomed to using colored markers when making selects, i.e. red marker means "good for opening"  blue marker means " closing bite".  Is there a way to map colored markers so they end up on the clip and not the timeline? Set marker works to add a different colored marker to the timeline, but when the clip is selected the marker won't add to the clip. The only marker that I can add to a clip is the standard green. I can press the add marker shortcut twice and use the mouse to change the color but that is cumbersome and slow. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

There are shortcuts (have to set them) for Set Marker Color 1 etc,  but for clipmarkers you can only use them in the Source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are shortcuts (have to set them) for Set Marker Color 1 etc,  but for clipmarkers you can only use them in the Source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I appreciate your response. I have set the shortcuts "Set Marker Color 1 etc.". This limitation seems strange. I guess I should submit a feature request? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same shortcut can be used in the timeline for sequence markers. So I am guessing that is why you can only use them in the SM for clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines