• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 PC Brush Resize Shortcut (alt+right click, drag) Not Working with Pen

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Windows 10;

It works with mouse, and it works with Pen, sometimes, only if I right click, hold alt, double tap and hold on the surface, resize, then escape when it opens the brush menu (presumably because it's broken and not working correctly); there is an equal chance that I can resize the brush, but it will also color pick, and the third equal change that it doesn't resize, and just color picks.  It's so many steps to make it work, that it may as well not work.  Again, it works fine with the mouse, and my pen right click function works fine in every situation other than trying to use the shortcut to visually resize my brush WITHOUT COLOR PICKING.

The frequently posted solution for Photoshop CC 2015 doesn't work for me, as there is no file for Photoshop CC 2018 in AppData Roaming; there is no file on my computer named "Photoshop CC 2018 Settings," and, predictably, even though it keeps getting flagged as the solution, there is no file on my computer named "Photoshop CC 2015 Settings," because my problem, and every other user problem I can find with this title, is for Photoshop CC 2018, not Photoshop CC 2015.

I'm HOURS into searching for a solution, and I keep ending up at the exact same spot, post after post after post.  This doesn't work for everybody, yet every single post says answered, even though there are several people saying that the fix doesn't work for them, but I can't find their posts with any other solution than to create a .txt file and put it in the Photoshop CC 2015 setting folder in Appdata, Roaming.

Pardon grammar; frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this recent?

I have a wacom Ctl490dw, it works perfectly, however today it presented some errors, when I checked the driver it was outdated.

Open the Wakon Desktop Center and see if it's all right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I've tried to use Photoshop with my pen in a few weeks.  My computer had to be replaced, and it took me 10 days to get everything reinstalled, updated, etc. (not 10 days working straight, just as I had time and energy to do all that).  For me it is recent, but it had been probably 20 days ago that I used Photoshop with my pen on my previous computer.  My drivers are up to date, and everything else works fine.  If I turn off Windows Ink, it works, but then I lose pressure sensitivity.  I have had a constant battle getting my Intuos Pro to work well with Photoshop; every time I get it working, Windows updates and it breaks, Photoshop updates and it breaks, or, for the first time, my computer breaks and I'm set back hours of setting everything up.  There's never any actual help; I usually end up messing around with a hundred different options until it works well enough.  This is the first time I've posted in Adobe about these kinds of troubles because, frankly, very little browsing of the help section or forums ever helps me.  Sometimes I get lucky on youtube, and sometimes Reddit, but so far, no help in Adobe.  I came here because I've been striking out for hours, and no amount of tinkering is getting me up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The command to resize the brush tip is hold down Ctrl + Alt as you right-click and drag the pen right or left, then release all to save and exit.  Move the pen up or down to change the Opacity.  I have the 2016 Intuos Pen & Touch tablet, and it works very well on that.

I share your frustration with Wacom.  I'm preparing to post about my ExpressKeys and Radial Menu not working in Photoshop for I can't remember how long!  I could be wrong, but I believe it is Wacom's fault for not updating its drivers to work in properly Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines