• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Active selection goes to font size after using Select & Mask

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this started happening when I updated to CC 2018 and I can't seem to find any explanation.

I keep the Character panel at the top of the panels on the right.  I usually use Select and Mask (since refine selection disappeared) to tweak my selection before I delete it or Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V the results to another tab.  But after I finish using Select and Mask, the active selection goes to Font Size, so deleting will delete the number in the font size box and not the selected part of the image.  Likewise when I go to paste what i think i've copied, it pastes the previous item from the clipboard and I have to go back and recopy from the image instead of font size box.  If I want to get the selected part of the image I have to click on the Move tool or another Selection tool before I can copy and paste.  I was hoping the last update would fix it but it didn't.

photoshop example.jpg

Does anyone know why this happens or how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

I'm not seeing the issue on CC2018 and you tried resetting Photoshop preferences

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the issue on CC2018 and you tried resetting Photoshop preferences

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate you.   No, not really, you're a lifesaver.  Thanks for confirming it's just me.  I know I should have gone for the reset first up but I really wanted to avoid it.  It's a shame there's not a safe mode (that i know of) for troubleshooting.

Thanks again, Ged, and for responding so quickly.  I'm consoling myself that going through and checking preferences as I put them back might be a PITA, but it beats the ongoing back and forth frustration.  And it also fixed the annoyance I had with paint brush history, so it could have even broader benefits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries glad to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines