• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues opening files since latest update March 2018

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I discovered yesterday that when I double click jpg files I get the following error message.

"“image.jpg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers."

I am also getting the exactly same message when double clicking eps files to open in illustrator.

Until I force open in either program, both file formats open in preview.

If I use FILE>OPEN - then I can open the files in their respective programs.

The files have been used before without issue. I have never seem this issue before. It is literally only since I updated both CC2018 Illustrator and Photoshop 2 days ago.

I have reset preference and this has not helped. I got this idea from Australia Adobe when I messaged them on facebook - but they only seem to be working when I am asleep (I got a reply at midnight) so I am guessing they are not local. So if any locals (in this timezone) have seen this or know what to do - that would be great.

My only next option is to uninstall and reinstall.

Thanking the community in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Couldn't find much info on that error but I found this, seems to be related to the OS security settings

I'm not a MAC user so won't be much help to you

.jpg can’t be opened because it is from a... |Official Apple Support Communities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged Thanks for trying 🙂

I had found that post and the anywhere preferences thing only seems to work on one file  -  it is ridiculous that I would need to do it on every jpg and eps when I have never had to do that in the past - not even on a PC 🙂

And the other suggestion about metadata is irrelevant as it is happening on images I have created myself so nothing malicious there.

I did test both .ai and .psd files and no issues here - so it is just non native files... but again - only since Mondays update.

Thanks for trying 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't come across anyone else reporting the issue, Photoshop CC2018 version 19.1.2 was released on the 12th of March so I'm pretty sure if it was a bug in that release we would have heard something about it before now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I know - and from that forum - people have been having this issue since at least August - so who knows??? Tomorrow maybe reinstall. Again thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines