Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop, cant draw when zoomed in

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

i have this weird problem with photoshop since i have come back from my hollidays. If i try to draw smth while my canvas is zoomed out and completely visible everything is working normal. However as soon as i zoom in it only draws when i drag my pencil from left to right or the other way around. If i try to draw in any other direction it just moves my canvas. This happens with every tool i use when zoomed in, no matter if i select the zoom tool again or the eraser. If i turn off windows ink it works perfectly normal, but i dont have any pressure sensitivity at all anymore. Ive tried so many hot fixes already, and im getting really frustrated. I reinstalled Photoshop, the wacom driver and the graphic cards driver already. Does someone know a solution that might work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Try uninstalling this Windows update

windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning off Windows Ink fixes the issue, take a look at Trevor's reply in this thread to see if it fixes the pen pressure issue

Use Windows Ink Issue with photshop CC 2015.

This bit

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 20XX\Adobe Photoshop CC 20XX Settings\

5. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ye, ive tried that one, but it didnt work. I opened the notepad, typed in:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

, saved it under the given file name, and dropped it in the photoshop 2018 settings. But it had no affect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the file with a .txt extension

People are reporting an issue similar to what you are experiencing, take a look at these threads

EVERY TOOL IS ACTING AS THE MOVE TOOL

Unwanted behavior with pen after using some functionalities

Seems to be related to a recent Windows update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling this Windows update

windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, uninstalling the last windows update u marked above actually worked, i hope this will be permanent. Thanks so much, ive tried fixing this for the last 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and for all ppl who have the same problem and tried to change the pen and touch options, which i tried aswell, but couldnt find them because they simply didnt exist anymore: Since i uninstalled that last windows update they reappeared again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leopold.  wrote

i hope this will be permanent.

It will until Windows update decides to install the update again LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i deactivated the windows updater permanently for now, i guess i will have to check once in a while wether they have fixed that issue with another update, because i dont wanna miss out on any security relevant updates over a longer time period

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem. I was searching ways to uninstall the update when I found that Microsoft sent out a fix.fix 4 photoshop.PNG

Heres the link to the site

Just scroll down until you find the "Known issues in this update" and you'll see the picture I just posted.

Hope this helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines