Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.71 OSX invalid serial number

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Recently switched Macbook Pro at work to a newer USB-C running High Sierra 10.13.2. I have an existing CC installation with Photoshop CC and Acrobat Pro CC running - separate Adobe.com work account.

I have an old Lightroom 5 Classic serial number that I bought my self for private use. It is an upgrade license from Lightroom 4. Both LR 4 and LR 5 license keys starts with 1160 as they should - bought from Adobe.com and listed here on Adobe.com on my private account. LR 5 worked fine together with my employers business CC on my previous Macbook Pro.

When starting LR 5.71 is the Adobe Application Manager asking me to login with my Adobe.com account. I login with my private account (the one owning the serial numbers) and enter the serial number. When I click Next on the serial number screen is it throwing an error message "The serial number you entered is invalid. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support.".

I have tried to kill all Adobe and CC related processes on my Mac and tried other things. Nothing seems to resolve it.

Any idea why my serial number is not working and how I solve it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT use thre CC DTA, Application Manager, to start LR 5. Use and or create a desktop, Dock, Icon for LR 5 and only use that to start LR 5.

You may need to Sign Out of LR 5 once it starts as it might now be using your employers Adobe ID and that ID does not have a subscription for LR.

You would then Sign In, IN LR 5, using your personal Adobe ID (If that is needed) and then enter the serial number for LR 5, First, and LR 4, Second, when asked.

Never ever try to start LR 5 again from the App Manager and or the CC DTA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I tried the suggestion solution without any luck. Have now tried the following....:

1. Uninstalled LR 5.
  2. Uninstalled all apps installed in CC DTA.
  3. Uninstalled CC DTA and related Adobe apps.
  4. Restart OSX.
  5. Installed LR 5.
  6. LR complains that Adobe Application Manager is missing, but still start up.
  7. Run Adobe CC Cleaner.
  8. Problem remains.
  9. Uninstall LR 5.
  10. Restart OSX.
  11. Delete all Adobe related folders in Library\Application Support, Library\Preferences and in other subfolders to Library.
  12. Rename the LR catalog files to .old.
  13. Restart OSX.
  14. Install LR 5.
  15. LR complains that AAM is missing and LR automatically close down.
  16. Uninstall LR 5.
  17. Install AAM.
  18. Install LR 5.
  19. Authenticate with my private Adobe account in AAM.
  20. Paste the LR 5 serial number.
  21. AAM complains that the serial number is invalid (same message as posted in my original message).

Any idea how to solve this issue? (prefer not to skip Lightroom 5 and move to Capture One Pro Sony....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I have to ask. Are you sure you are downloading LR 5 and not LR 6.

There has been other reports like yours but Rikk Flohr from Adobe says that download works with a valid LR 5 serial number.

Here's the thread over at the other Adobe LR forum.

Download of standalone Lightroom 5 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Go to the Lightroom menu: Help > Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Relaunch Lightroom and click Sign In Now

Click the button - License This Software

Enter serial number – 24 digits starting 1160 & click Next

Lightroom will hopefully launch as LR5 standalone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the version that can be downloaded from helpx.adobe.com.... is a CC only version. Did some googling and a link to http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg​ on a third party website. It complains about a no valid certificate during installation, but accept my LR 5 upgrade key and my LR 4 key without any issues.

Lets see what happens when I reinstall Photoshop and Acrobat Pro using my work CC account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got this figured out. I'm making a bookmark, actually a TEXT file of that link for future use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other links including LR4

Re: Download or Update Lightroom 4.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found this from 99jon's post.

If you have any other problems with the copy you downloaded you can get the Real version here.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines