• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off line smoothing in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I write a comment to students on their papers, my handwriting is smoothed by Acrobat, and often distorted beyond recognition, sometimes taking my letters and spiking them above and below the word. I've turned off the "smooth line art" in preferences.  I am using a Wacom CTL 490 tablet. I'm sure it's not the tablet because it works perfectly in Onenote and Photoshop. Even if I could tone the smoothing down a little so it my handwriting is still readable, that would be fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I tried going to Preferences > Page Display > uncheck "Smooth Line Art" and restarted the application. It still smooths my handwriting.

I am running on a mac version 10.13.1 and there are no new updates for Adobe Acrobat Pro. I have a similar Wacom tablet that draws fine with other applications like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I echo this issue. The handwriting indeed gets spiked and is unprofessional. Adobe - please provide a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been suffering with this problem for years! Handwriting comments/marking up PDF documents in Acrobat is terrible when compared with competing products. Please, Adobe! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a thread with the solution.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-disable-automatic-smoothing-of-the-pencil-...

I will warn you that it requires creating a registry which can be confusing if you don't know how to do that. I didn't but I figured it out using those instructions so it's definitely not impossible. Also, pencil lines will be more pixelated  as the program is no longer smoothing them out. Best of luck, let me know if I can help with anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a thread with the solution.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-disable-automatic-smoothing-of-the-pencil-...

I will warn you that it requires creating a registry which can be confusing if you don't know how to do that. I didn't but I figured it out using those instructions so it's definitely not impossible. Also, pencil lines will be more pixelated  as the program is no longer smoothing them out. Best of luck, let me know if I can help with anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines