• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter Gallery Disabled

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrighty, I've searched over and again and cannot find a resolution to my problem within my means.

I have Photoshop CS5.
My filter gallery is disabled (grayed out).

PSFilterMenu.png

1. My document is set to 8-bit color.
2. My document is in RGB color mode.
3. I have gone to edit > preferences > plugins and the whole option to "Show all Filter Gallery groups and names," is completely missing.

pluginmenu.png

4. The document is a large PSB document.

5. Converting to smart object still doesn't work - filter gallery is still grayed out.
6. I feel the issue may have something to do with the fact that I just installed the program on my new laptop. When I navigate to Photoshop's filters folder, this is what I see.

FiltersFolder.png

7. I have reset preferences.
8. I can't find anything on the website that indicates I can download just the original, default filters to install.

9. I installed from direct download from Adobe and not a disk because my laptop doesn't have a disk drive.

I really appreciate any advice ya'll can give me... I'm stumped!
Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

It might be your document is too big in terms of pixel dimensions.

What are the pixel dimensions of the document in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be your document is too big in terms of pixel dimensions.

What are the pixel dimensions of the document in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here's something about the limits of the Filter Gallery from an photoshop engineer Chris Cox.

File size limit for using Filter Gallery

The original code for those filters comes from the Aldus Gallery Effects of the early 1990's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe you are right! I've been coloring a webcomic (my first time working with a file so big) and my pixel dimensions have arrived at a hefty 3300 x 45000 @ 300dpi. Needless to say, I'll be finding ways to cut this down. I know for viewing purposes, the file has to be cut anyway, its just that some of the artwork stretches across multiple pages so it becomes necessary to make a larger file and then slice it.

Thank you very much! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines