• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom CC is not recognizing EHD photos

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why will lightroom suddenly not recognize my EHD photos that were originally imported to lightroom from my camera card and then after editing in lightroom the photos were exported as a jpg to my EHD. All of the photos show up under the "Catalog" folder "All Photographs" but I do not see them under the "files" location for the EHD showing.  I use the monthly paid subscription service and am able to open these same photos from my EHD in photoshop and in Windows photo gallery.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "Under the "files" location for the EHD".

What kind of computer are you using?

Is the EHD seen in the File Manager for the OS you are using?

Please post a screen shot of the full LR Library module window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 and Lightroom CC (classic) 2015

Here is a screenshot showing the lightroom "Catalog" and all pictures that i have stored on my EHD.

Note you only see a couple of folders (2017 & 2018) with a few pictures in them listed under my Passport G (WD Passport). I have previously imported many pictures from my camera card into lightroom, performed my eidts in lightroom and then saved them as a jpg on my hardrive using the Ctrl + shift + E function. I have always been able to see these photos in folders and able to open them again in lightroom as wanted. You also can see another list of files from another WD Passport EHD that i do not have coneected at this time. when i plug this in all these photos are present.

So i do not understand your reply to me. thanks for your patience i am an amateur user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the folder on your I: drive are showing as missing.

Open the File Manager for Windows, File Explorer, and see if the I drive is showing up and that it has the same drive letter, the letter I ( i ).

If it isn't showing up in File Explorer then it could have failed. If it is showing up but has a different drive letter then you will need to change the drive letter so it shows up as drive I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because i did not have that EHD plugged in - I do now and all of those pictures are showing. here is a new screenshot. i have 2 EHD - the newer one "H" is the one lightroom is not recognizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry what do you mean by the H drive is not showing up? It is right there above the I drive.

Do you mean when you try to import images from it, it is not showing up in the import dialog windows Source section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the missing files and have the issue corrected - thanks for all of your input!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind explaining where and how you found them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they were showing up as unrecognized under a different named EHD i had used in the past and which i hadn't noticed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is after you Export some images and Save them on the H: external drive.

You need to click the Export button and expand the export dialog as large as you can and post a screen shot of it. Like this.

Export Dialog Full Screen 1.PNG

I suspect you don't have the option checked to Add to This Catalog. It is in the Export Location section right at the top of the export dialog window.

Also in that dialog window check where exactly your exports are going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC or something else? Please state the EXACT VERSION NUMBER of your Lightroom (do not use words like "up-to-date" or "current", we need the version NUMBER).

and then after editing in lightroom the photos were exported as a jpg to my EHD

In general, Lightroom will not recognize exported photos; so you'd have to import these exported photos to get Lightroom to recognize them; or next time you can select the option when you do the export to include the exported photos in your catalog. (perhaps this option got accidentally unchecked?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot depends on how you configured the export. One of the options is to add the exported images to the catalog. If you chose that option then the exported images will be listed in the catalog. Otherwise, they will be in the folder that you chose but will not be shown in Lightroom. I normally only keep my master images in Lightroom and don't worry about keeping track of exported copies in the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I guess I am still not communicating correctly - I think what I am meaning to say is that when I import my photos from my camera card using lightroom typically they are converted from NEF files to DNG files which I send to my EHD and those are what I see in the files in lightroom typically. Those have all been there in the past, but now are gone for this particular EHD with the exception of those that are appearing in the screen shot I sent (folders 2017 and 2018). When I go to my actual EHD and look for all of the missing folders and those I expect to see in lightroom, all of the NEF and XMP files for all of these photos are present, along with any jpg edits i had performed on them.

Hope this makes better sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines