• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am a artist. I am looking for best software that will allow me to place paintings in virtual room

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a artist.  I am looking for which photosphop software to use to display my paintings in a virtual room.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Something like this:

https://www.mockupworld.co/wp-content/uploads/edd/2017/11/free-brick-wall-photo-posters-mockup-1.jpg

You would use Adobe Photoshop to add your art to a mock up like this.

You can find several free Photoshop templates here: https://www.mockupworld.co/free/tag/wall/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this:

https://www.mockupworld.co/wp-content/uploads/edd/2017/11/free-brick-wall-photo-posters-mockup-1.jpg

You can find several free Photoshop templates here: https://www.mockupworld.co/free/tag/wall/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use Dimension and add some props like a bookcase or phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

free-Mockup-Creator-Frame-Edition.jpg

You can find several free mockups psd here: https://mockuptree.com/free/category/frame-mockup/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at this, and thinking that the Frame tool would help to automate the process, so I knocked up the template below, and it is crying out for a drop shadow below each frame.  But as far as I can tell, you can't apply layer styles directly to Frames.  You add a dummy layer of the same size > set its Fill to zero, and the layer styles to that, but that defeats the semi auto benefit of using the Frame tool.  You could do the dummy layer thing and combine it with the Frame as a Smart Object, but that's even worse, as you couldn't add the Frame contents without opening a new window for each Frame.

Am I missing something?   I have not used Frames for my own work, but I see forum threads were they would work well.  That is if they actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to use the rendor - Frame tool and yes that allows all the normal layer styles including drop shadows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, how did you make the layer styles work?  What I am finding is they work like Art boards, and the frame's boundary works like a document window inside a document window.  Nothing overflows it.

• Below I gave Frame 1 a drop shadow by creating a dummy layer with Fill set to zero, and applying the Layer Style to the dummy layer.
  • Chewbacca is a transparent PNG, so the drop shadow works because it is inside the Frame boundary.
  • Frame 4 shows a drop shadow because I Transformed the image to be smaller than the frame.

Within the context of this thread where the OP wants a gallery template, I thought that the Frame tool would be ideal because you set them up, and then select a particular Frame, and use Place Embedded. So long as the imported image is bigger than the frame, it will fill it perfectly.  But that looks flat and horrible on our make believe wall without a drop shadow to lift it off that wall.  That's what I can't make work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Graham, how did you make the layer styles work? 

my way

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (12).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thing is in a room wall and frames on the wall and object like HDTV cans has some perspective.  The Template would need to use smart Object layers and add the perspective to the rectangle image.   It easy to do with shared smart object.  The Top smart object  are normally not change to have perspective they made not visible inside the mockup groups there are smart object layer that share the images objects that are visible and add perspective.  These mockups templates are easy to batch populate with you images via a Photoshop Script.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines