• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jkav1

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use LR 5 and have lost everything. it kept saying the catalog could not be found. i finally got it open, but my LR is empty. all my stuff is gone. I'm stupid retarded  when it comes to computers, and have no idea want I'm doing. is there a number i can call to help me figure out how to get my stuff back? am i just better off getting the new cc and hope and pray i get support?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, open Lightroom and then select File->Open Recent and open each catalog shown there.

If that doesn't work:

Use your operating system's search feature to search all of your hard disks for files whose name ends with .LRCAT and then double-click on each file found until you open one that shows your photos.

If that doesn't work:

Restore a recent backup of your catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we were able to get most back. i am still missing like 6 sessions, but i have them backed up on an external hard drive, so I'm assuming i can just move back over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As DJ pointed out, check your hard drive for other catalogs. The catalog is the only file Lightroom opens. I don't know what backups you have or are referring to. But if those backups are catalogs then perhaps one of those catalogs will have the other sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have all my sessions saved into files on an external hard drive. we found a bunch of separate files of images for lightroom on the computer hard drive, but they are all single files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by files? What kind of files, what extension is on the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i might be using the wrong verbiage. I'm not exagerating when i say i know NOTHING about computers. I don't even completely understand exactly how LR works, or difference between "files" or "catalogs". but when i import images into LR, i put each session into a separate folder and label it. i also have those exact folder or file saved on an external hard drive. the folder on my external hard drive has 2 separate folders within each folder labeled JPEG and DNG. i still have all of those files or folders on my external hard drive. some of my images i did find on my computer, but i was thinking i can just take off my external hard drive and re-import into LR? i really barely have any idea what I'm doing. i took a short intro course on LR back when LR5 was new. so i don't know too much about how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Visit here- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/blog/

and request a copy of the free  Quick Start Guide to Lightroom Classic CC

Your understanding of Lightroom workings needs serious learning before you get more confusion with your catalog.

When you say- "i also have those exact folder or file saved on an external hard drive." it suggests to me that you think that Lightroom contains a copy of your images, not correct!

And- Re-Importing is RARELY the answer for most catalog problems, as it means ALL you past work is lost.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines