Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony fs7 Footage wont import on PC

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am working on a brand new PC with the latest version of PP, for some reason my Sony Fs7 footage XDROOT filles wont import?

Adobe tech support have told me after a long chat session that it wont work and ill have to transcode all footage going forward.

I was working on a Mac up to this point and never had this issue. I am currently working off a Synoloy server with both the Mac and new PC connected.

Has anyone any idea what needs to be done? Surly I dont need to trans code all my footage?

Regards

Philip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

create a custom ingest preset which is DNxHD/HR. It's a high quality codec that works flawlessly on mac and pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issues importing Sony FS7 footage and I'm on a PC. I'm going to guess that your problem is with the Synology server and not Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it seems strange that it wouldn't. Could it have something to do with disk permissions on the synloogy?

r

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim

But Im afraid that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What exactly isn't working?  What happens when you work the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Thanks for getting back to me.

Im working on a new PC iv just moved over from my IMAC. Both computers are sitting side by side hocked up to a synology NAS server. I mainly shoot with a Sony FS7, xdroot files etc.

After some trial and error, I discovered once the file/xdroot folder is located/stored on the PC HD and not on the Synology server. It all works normally and can be ingested etc, problem solved.... or at least I know it is not a PP issue. Now I have to speak to synology and find out why PP isnt working properly with synology

Love editing, hate trouble shooting....

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this.

Kind regards

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Step 3H from the Troubleshooter is my next recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

I had look at 3H from the trouble shooting guide. Using local drives isn't really an option for me, my projects are pretty big and I have to work of multiple computers in order to collaborate with others in the office.

3H H.  Use local drives only. -- Outside of using Adobe Anywhere or Team Projects (both of which are paid services), keep everything on internal drives only.  Use networked and removable drives only for backup and archiving.

Thanks again

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have...to collaborate with others in the office.

Then you need either Team Projects or Adobe Anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

I have had a fairly manic few days with this issue and have come to the conclusion that Adobe have given up and just don't want to deal with it. They seem to be pushing Team Projects or Adobe Anywhere. I have a brand new server system that cost a small fortune so that isn't an option for me. The problem seem's to lie with the laster upgrade of PP it doesn't like servers.

I tried transcoding and it seems to solve the issue of importing footage but that in itself has opened a can of worms. Do you know of a solid set up for transcoding settings that would work for both PC and Mac? Below is an image of the window im working for for setting up transcoding.

Kind regards

Philip

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 14.39.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a custom ingest preset which is DNxHD/HR. It's a high quality codec that works flawlessly on mac and pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim that much appreciated very help full.

R

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines