• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency question

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a photo that I would like to put a red transparent screen over.

But the only way I know is by adjusting the opacity of the shape on top of the photo.

This results in the shape turning pink-ish.

How do I keep the color of my shape and still make it so you can see the photo underneath?

Thanks all!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the Photoshop forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the blending modes in the layers panel. It's set to normal by default. Changing it to multiply or color burn might make the shape look darker/more red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the image and the Layers panel and describe the result you want. It would allow us to provide a more specific recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you provide us with an example of what you're trying to achieve? And a screenshot of what is it you're currently attempting?

As suggested above, you might consider trying blending modes to see if that achieves the desired effect. Here is a screenshot in case you are not sure where to find blending modes in the layers panel. Click the dropdown and you'll see you have a variety of options! You can quickly cycle through the options by holding down Shift and pressing + to go to the next mode or - to go to the previous one. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.39.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines