Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC | Missing panels

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am new to Lightroom and trying to get to grip with it however, it seems I have a major panel missing completely.

It is usually top right  and has things like  LIBRARY |  DEVELOP | MAP | BOOK | PRINT etc.  The area completely empty so I cannot reset by right clickin

Any idea how to reset them??

Thank You

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Or is it possible that you have downloaded the NEW Lightroom CC that doesn't have any of those modules. Lightroom CC (the new one) is cloud based and looks completely different. You might be wanting to download Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Please right click on the menu where these panels should appear and click "Show all".

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

tried that...nothing

Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the panels set to "auto-hide"? Please right click on the arrow shown in the screenshot below and set it to manual.

If that does not help, please post a screenshot of what your Lightroom UI looks like.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Nope, nothing

I have reinstalled the program,

Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, it seems that the app preferences might be corrupt. Please restore Lightroom preferences to default. Check out this article for details: How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Let us know how it goes.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Restore preferences to default settings.

That did nothing.

Tred to delete them manually  but cannot find  the com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist in the  /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/.

I tried with a different mouse just in case

Am I going Mad??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or is it possible that you have downloaded the NEW Lightroom CC that doesn't have any of those modules. Lightroom CC (the new one) is cloud based and looks completely different. You might be wanting to download Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhhhh

Yes the classic  have the panel..

Can it do batch changes as well??

Back to youtube then

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Lightroom Classic CC can do batch changes, and a lot of other things that Lightroom CC cannot do at this time. They are different programs designed for different types of users. You may have them both installed. In fact, I do have both of them installed on my computer. Lightroom Classic CC is my program of choice. I play with Lightroom CC a bit, but I haven't chosen to migrate my catalog to it and don't plan to do so. It has some good features. I would probably use it more if I was able to use mobile devices, but I'm not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Yes I had both installed and finally realised where I was going wrong.

Because I am not a photographer, i just love the presets on the Lightroom CC. Well, que sera sera...

Many thanks for your patience.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is quite a selection of presets in Lightroom Classic CC as well. But I have never really been a fan of presets myself. I have a few that I have created that I use occasionally, but tend not to rely on presets very much. I know that many users rely on presets heavily. Personally, I don't really like them for most purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines