• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiplex type text layer for print

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I want send PDF file exported from photoshop to printing house. My design is 300 DPI, CMYK (0, 0, 0, 100) but printing house told me that text should be also in multiplex type, not normal. How to make it "multiplex"? I've never meet it before

Thanks!

---

Probably solved They wanted black layer text as MULTIPLY not Multiplex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only way to make Photoshop mimic 100K overprint. InDesign does this by default.

You really want black text to overprint the other inks, not knock them out which will result in registration problems, and illegible text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for Your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bryanps,

We are glad that you got it correct.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the type color is not black, another technique is used to compensate for possible misregister during printing.

spread shrink.png

I simulated the technique -- overdone here, so that it's method is easy to see.

In the top pair, blue on yellow, as shown on the left, since transparent inks are used, blue on yellow would yield a green,

In the blue on yellow. the right, the type was printed without distortion. In the yellow, the type was knocked out and shrunk. In production, distortion is approximately .002". Look closely and you will see the resulting overlap.

In the bottom pair, yellow and blue, transparent inks would produce something similar what is shown on the left.

On its right, undistorted type was knocked out of the blue, and the yellow was spread to overlap the knockout.

Note that we always distort the lighter color of the pair.

Remember: the samples shown here are grossly overdone so that you can see the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines