• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE won't always update the view after changes

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to AE 2017 and thought this problem will be solved, but it wasn't:

On some cases (like after I undo an action, skip a frame using "page up" or "page down", or even change properties of elements) - the view simply won't update, until I scrub the timline backward or forward.

I have my live-update on, and caps-lock are off.

Is anybody else experincing this as well?

Any way around this?

Thank you

Guy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thought this problem will be solved

this is not a common problem or a known issue with the updated versions of Ae releases. when did you first start experiencing this issue?

I have not experienced this on my Win7 systems in any of Ae's versions. please show some full screenshots so we can rule down some obvious things that could be related to your specific setup? also specify some basic hardware and software information about your system

also:

1. make sure you are using 14.0.1 version

1. make sure your GPU is up to date

2. reset you preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guy,

Did Roei's response assist you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attaching a short screen recording showing an example of the problem:

screen - YouTube

This can occur in many different cases, but always happens after I type something (meaning - screen won't update if I just change a value by typing)

My GPU is updated, I have a new AE so the Preferences are clean.

Not sure what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this looks super annoying. reminds me of an old bug that was in CC 2015.3 when the initial release came out. can't be sure what to make of this.

I would try these steps:

1. Reset After Effects Preferences (yep, try again)

2. I see you are on windows so Close all of the Adobe processes from the Task Manager and go to the following locations:

• C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe Location
  • C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Adobe

In all the locations, rename the 'Adobe' folders to 'OldAdobe' - this will force Ae to create new settings for everything. Launch Ae, accept the License Agreement and see if it works.

if this still does not work I would try a support agent via remote desktop to see where this is coming from: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

It didn't help, and it even messed up my existing projects. Objects are all over the place, characters are completely dismantled now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unfortunate, You can rename it back. I can only offer suggestions based on my experiance and common sense and there are no assurances of course. My next step would be to re-install. If everything is messed up, or not updating, I can't imagine how you could finish a project this way. you could use a previous version. I would contact costumer service and try to pin this down with a support agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new version I've installed lately, and the problem exists from previous versions.

I will contact them, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope you still have previous versions installed -- the fix may be easy if you did.  You know the AE Cache?  There's a cache for each previous version!  You may have to purge the caches from those earlier versions to 1) get rid of persistent images and 2) free up room for the current-version cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

The cache of these versions is already empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue the last couple of weeks.
Did you manage to get it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've done multiple things that the support told me to do, and I'm not sure which one of them helped.

The biggest thing was to update the AE version. I'm now on the latest version of 2017 and this issue doesn't happen there.

If this still doesn't work, I suggest contacting support via chat and let them control your computer to resolve that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you please share the list of things you tried? That would help a lot.
Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same thing happen and I've already uninstalled the software twice to try and fix it. I'm not sure how to ask for assistance either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines