• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting at 1440p, but youtube only shows 1080p

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've never had this issue before, but for some reason now when I try to upload a video to youtube that I exported at 1440p...it only shows up as 1080p for youtube.

I edited the video on a 1080p timeline, and I exported at 1440p. This is how I've always done it though.

Additional Export Settings:

24fps

Progressive

VBR 2 Pass

Target 50mbps, Max 50mbps

These are the exact settings i've always used and never had a problem. Is there something that changed or am I doing something wrong?

ALSO:

I just tried exporting a video to 1440p on a 1440p sequence and it's still the same result

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Smielz  wrote

So i've never had this issue before, but for some reason now when I try to upload a video to youtube that I exported at 1440p...it only shows up as 1080p for youtube.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  It's on YouTube's end, not yours.  Sometimes it can take days (literally) for a vid to be transcoded up to 1440p or higher.  Sometimes it never happens at all.  Their transcoding system can be very buggy at times and there's nothing you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smielz  wrote

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  It's on YouTube's end, not yours.  Sometimes it can take days (literally) for a vid to be transcoded up to 1440p or higher.  Sometimes it never happens at all.  Their transcoding system can be very buggy at times and there's nothing you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed the same.  My 2K uploads never go beyond an HD transcode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines