• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Book mode error "Some photos have transparencies"

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Some photos in the book have transparencies. The transparent areas will show as opaque in your book" and this is one of the pages listed. The photos fill the space so it doesn't make sense for this page. Could the closely touching "page text box" and adjacent "text box" at the bottom be causing this message?

Thanks for any advice.

why opaque?.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

You can safely ignore this message.

You may be using PNG type files that have transparent areas, in which case the images in the book will simply fill the transparent areas with white. "The transparent areas will show as opaque"

I have also seen this message when using Panoramas created in Lightroom where the merged photos do not completely fill the image area.

This screen-clip is a PNG file with a transparent center. The page background is deep blue, but note the blue does not show through the tra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can safely ignore this message.

You may be using PNG type files that have transparent areas, in which case the images in the book will simply fill the transparent areas with white. "The transparent areas will show as opaque"

I have also seen this message when using Panoramas created in Lightroom where the merged photos do not completely fill the image area.

This screen-clip is a PNG file with a transparent center. The page background is deep blue, but note the blue does not show through the transparent areas.

ScreenShot004.jpg

It can also occur with photos that you have transformed, but not constrained the crop to the resulting image.

eg.- image transformed for verticals, not cropped, on a green page background.

ScreenShot005.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thank you for the explanation. It made sense to me for the areas that were still showing but I hadn’t thought about the png. photos And I was worried that overlapping text boxes might obscure some of my texts. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines