• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to achieve varying size pixels [mosaic tiles] in one image?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can get uniform pixels of one size by using Filter > Mosaic > Pixelate in photoshop.

But how to get pixels of varying sizes as in the varyingpixels image( the image shows 10*10,9*10,8*10,7*10 size pixels and not perfect squares but I wish to achieve perfect squares 10*10,9*9,8*8,7*7,6*6..) with a series of

varyingpixels.jpg

10 size pixel                                                                                                                            

3….

And repeat in reverse. I want to achieve the varying size pixels without losing the image.

This is possible with sizes who are multiples of each other. For eg:

And so on…

But with non-multiples there is an overlapping issue vertically . The horizontal difference of pixels is sorted with getting the same image in different sizes pixels separately. And then bringing them together row by row? But the main issue comes with overlapping vertically as seen in the below image.overlapping.jpgoverlapping image.

How to resolve that?

So my question is how to get varying size of pixels in one image without losing the image.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixels in an image have no Physical size.  On displays they are the displays pixels sized and in prints the Print Resolution DPI is the size the image's  pixel print size.  They are all printed the same size and do not overlap. Mosaic tiles are create with pixels there is no one to one relation between pixel and image tile.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mosaic filter starts at the top of the image each time, even if you give it a selection strip to work , so will not produce the square tiles in the exact way you want.

The Photoshop scripting forum may be the best place to ask for help with this task. I have moved your post over to that forum.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks dave .Yes I actually meant the mosaic tiles and not the pixels. Can the effect be achieved by changing the image with offset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines