Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full c: drive

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Looking for some help from all the experts out there (everyone apart from me basically)

Although all the settings in LR classic seem to be set to save everything on my external hard drive everytime I use lightroom my C: drive, which is tiny in comparison seems to still fill up with data.

What am I doing wrong folks? how can I stop this happening?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

You can change the drive and folder where the Imports go ... it's on the right hand side of the Import dialog box under Destination.

You can change the drive and folder where the exports go ... its at the top under export location

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/chris+shep  wrote

Hello everyone,

Looking for some help from all the experts out there (everyone apart from me basically)

Although all the settings in LR classic seem to be set to save everything on my external hard drive everytime I use lightroom my C: drive, which is tiny in comparison seems to still fill up with data.

Does save mean "Import" or "Export" or something else?

Lightroom does use the C: drive for the catalog and previews (and smart previews if they are in use) and that could be part of the problem, have you checked to see how big the catalog and previews (and smart previews) are? Have you checked to see if other software is taking up more and more disk space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dJ

Thanks for the reply,

By save I mean import and export, or at least I thought I had set it that way, but the catalog err not sure so that might be the problem.

Is there any way I can move/change the cataloge settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the drive and folder where the Imports go ... it's on the right hand side of the Import dialog box under Destination.

You can change the drive and folder where the exports go ... its at the top under export location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant it's set to c:

I knew I must have missed something.

Many thanks for your help it's much appreciated .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines