• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

duo tone swatch (shades of green)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I cannot re-find the swatch which contains red, green due tone of the one color that are placed at the bottom of a swatch...not sure what I've done but would like to find it again to continue the theme

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Hi thanks for replies…this is the shade I want…thanks. It is placed at the bottom of the swatch…along with a red option...but I cant find the particular swatch again…and it makes the shades pop...cheers Roma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to help but I have to admit that I could not understand what you have in mind. Perhaps you want to make a conventional duotone consisting of a particular red and particular green. If that is the case, the first thing to do is to convert the image to grayscale (Image > Mode > Grayscale.

both.png

Then choose Image > Mode > Duotone. You can insert your chosen colors and by clicking on the Curve for each, decide on the distribution and intensity of color in the image and the image contrast.

fig.png

Usually, the most successful duotones consist of one dominant color and one less intense. Deep red and green you mentioned are an unusual pair. If this is not what you have in mind, post an image that has the effect you want to duplicate and we will try to advise you about the technique required. One thing more: If you click on the down arrow in Preset, (It says Custom I the illustration above) you will see of list of preset duotones of various color combinations and intensity.

If you would like more information about duotones and preparing the files for press, I have written a Tech Sheet on the subject for my students and will post it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for replies…this is the shade I want…thanks. It is placed at the bottom of the swatch…along with a red option...but I cant find the particular swatch again…and it makes the shades pop...cheers Roma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Norman…ooops..egg on face…I originally found this swatch in Flash and now I’m working between Photoshop and Animate…I find it is an Animate swatch...sorry for being a tad dumb on this one…many thanks for all responses…cheers Roma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines