• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP crashing all the time.... :(

Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP has started crashing daily now,  sometimes several times a day,  i updated it but it hasnt helped.

i updated my graphics card drivers aswell

this is a new thing,  it never used to crash before

any ideas?  its driving me crazy because even though i save regularly, i lose sometimes 15/30 minutes work, and forget what i was doing

proteus IV,  windows 10 home, nvidia 1060 GTX

intel I7  7820 HK,   CPU 2.9ghz, 4 cores

32GB ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitor your temperatures, CPU and GPU.  Your computer might just need cleaning of the cooling system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bill

what temperature should they be at?

its telling me they are about 56c  ,

Edit: that is the average norm, apparently.

my computer does not get hot at all, it has very big fans .  not like my old computer, that you could fry an egg on.

@peru bob

my c drive is a solid state 512gb with 235gb free

i have a 2TB hybrid D drive for data storage  with 222gb free  (it was 65gb free, at the time of the last crash, i moved some stuff)

and most of my film data is on an external 2tb usb drive  with 682gb free

didnt try rolling anything back yet, but if crashing persists i might have to look into that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that 56°C is idling at room temperature it is pretty hot.  If that is under a full CPU it would be amazing.  I would suggest downloading Real Temp, here is my laptop at idle.

Also, I never use a hard disk drive especially one the is  90% full for any video editing function.  Get a SSD  for the immediate project files and after editing use Hard disk drives for backup.archiving.  Here is a typical hard disk drive.  Notice what happens why you get to 90% full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats after running for hours editing a heavy film project (near completion)

i should add for context, that it was not only this project that crashed, but also one other very small 1 minute edit.

interestingly, today the system has not crashed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your hard drive setup (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Did you try rolling back the video driver to an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Windows Event Viewer say about the crashes.  Specifically looking for the Faulting Application, Faulting Module and Exception Code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, i just had another 'circle of death' there with adobe premiere 

Untitled-1.jpg

but i dont know what im supposed to be looking for in the event viewer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the left panel, click on Windows Logs>Application.

In the right panel, click on Filter Current Log>Error.

In the middle pane, click on an Error message and below you'll find the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lost another hours work just now

i checked the event viewer and there is no report of anything

just to clarify, what happens here is that the egg timer 'circle'  thing comes up and then doesnt go away until i use task manager to terminate the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Check Steps 3D and 4D below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D

i have no security software other than windows built in services, i turned that off briefly and premiere crashed already within 5 minutes.

4D

i am pretty good with this, i also use my laptop for DJ work, and it has always been my policy to keep the laptop clean no games or any other trivial software.  just the stuff i need for my work.

premiere has crashed now, twice since i opened it 15 minutes ago.

it has become insufferable now at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hybrid drives are lousy for video editing. 

If you want to check your system out with a real Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) download my benchmark and while you are running it you can monitor your CPU temperatures during the 100% CPU usage test.  Also it will test your GPU and export disk for performance. and we can compape it to other similar systems.  Submit the data and Speccy file for analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloades this

http://www.userbenchmark.com/

and here is what it told me

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8208129

premiere Pro crashes routinely now (on the current project anyways) basically every time i do anything, no matter ho big or small, i save the project.  its hard to fathom how i can go forward like this.

the hybrid drive is not being used for my current project,  all of the data is on my external usb drive 2TB  "passsport"

could it be due to some corrupt media files in the project or smoething like that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I forgot to provide the link to PPBM, it is BillG Video Editing Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines