• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mockup with 3D Perspective (Script Automated)

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help in a way to automated our work flow using Script.
We create product Mock-Ups using a canvas mockup file we created to add the perspective of on a wall angle.

All the files are the same Aspect Ratio.

So currently we use  Smart Object to bring file in the center of mockup Mirror.

Then we use an action to provide the mirror then we save the Mirror Mockup which converts it to our Mockup Template on the Wall.

We are trying to do this for over 4000 images so we are looking for a way to speed up the process with a script so we can just select files & have output of the 3D canvas. 

jsdf.jpg  -1_psb___25___1__RGB_8_.jpgLayer_11_2_110_psb___25___1__RGB_8_.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, would you mind sharing the canvas mockup file which creates the depth of the canvas? Thanks for letting me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a google search.  I believe you will be able to find Pgoroshop Plug-ins designed to do that?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Photoshop+Automate+canvas+wrap&oq=Photoshop+Automate+canvas+wrap&aqs...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can automate the bulk creation of your mockup images using two different methods:

OPTION 1) Use a Photoshop plugin. For example, this plugin allows you to batch replace Smart Objects -- replacing the Smart Object in the mockup template with all images from your input folder, then exporting each updated mockup as an image. You can also save operations or save multiple-step workflows if your process requires working with several different mockup templates. In your case, it could be easily used to automate the creation of your thousands of canvas art mockup images with basically zero manual work on your part.

OPTION 2) Use a Photoshop script. These are written as .jsx code, and they execute the desired commands inside of Photoshop. If you're experienced writing Javascript programs, Photoshop scripting is very similar in a lot of ways. It's also very different, in the sense that Photoshop has unqiue commands + ways of triggering certain actions. It's very tough to just write Photoshop scripts from scratch, especially since they sometimes require the use of inscrutable ActionReference code, so I'd recommend you consult this official Adobe scripting guide to point you in the right direction. Then for the parts that require ActionReference/ActionDescriptors, you might need to use a Scripting Listener tool to find out what code you'll have to use. Using a tool like this, you basically perform the desired action in Photoshop manually, then it'll log the Action Reference commands to a file -- which you can then copy + add into your .jsx script for the parts that require it.

You might also be able to find some Photoshop scripts similar to what you're looking for online. These very Adobe Community forums can sometimes have some helpful code samples. I've been able to find some helpful scrpits on these forums that were a solid starting point -- then I just made whatever required adjustments I needed to make the code work for my goals. Just search for similar scripts online, make whatever adjustments you need so the code works for your workflow, package it in a .jsx file, and try running that script inside of Photoshop to see if it works. You could also add some debug statements of your own, to make it easier to troubleshoot when you test it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines