• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pro pen does panning when stroke is vertical and draws when the stroke is horizontal.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just installed PS CC on a Surface Pro (2017 latest one).

I tried sketching something. And suddenly noticed something very obnoxious.

When the pen is used, if the first (meaning pen is off the screen, and as soon as it touches the screen, that is the firs stroke) stroke is a horizontal stroke, the pen draws (or performs the intended action depending on the tool selected), but if the first stroke is in any other direction but horizontal, the canvas is just moved around (panning) regardless of the tool selected.

I could not find how to disable that feature (nor can I understand what is the use for this feature or if it is a feature or a bug).

Anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it ? Thanks.

(Windows, PS and drivers are all up to date)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I've tried adjusting photoshop settings and Windows setting but nothing helps. It seemed to be working fine a week ago. what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling this Windows update

windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, that seems to work for now. I submitted feedback to the windows 10 team. Is there a permanent fix coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This made me so irritated because I uninstalled all my drivers and also adobe photoshop but the error still occurs. And then I find out that is the window update itself !? OMG Thank you for solving this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, had the exact same problem after installing the Windows 10 March cumulative update.  I uninstalled it and the pen worked fine again. I expect a fix in a month or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines