• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Update 13.1.2 Keeps Failing (Error code: U44M1P7)

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both CC and Production Premium CS6 installed on my computer.

Recently, the Creative Cloud app has been notifying me of an update to Photoshop CS6. The update is 13.1.2.

When I try to update, it fails with error code U44M1P7. When I extract the log file, it says:

ERROR: DF045: File corruption detected. Re-install the product & then apply the patch again. (Can not repair file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\boost_threads.dll")(Seq 15)

----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core_x64_13.1.2_AdobePhotoshop13-Core_x64 13.1.2.0 {59482051-CFF2-47AE-B944-A7352D74A8B5} -----------

ERROR: DF045: File corruption detected. Re-install the product & then apply the patch again. (Can not repair file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plugin.dll")(Seq 14)

----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Support_13.1.2_AdobePhotoshop13-Support 13.1.2.0 {B65FABC3-FCF2-4BE6-B12A-600CA2EBFB9D} -----------

ERROR: DF045: File corruption detected. Re-install the product & then apply the patch again. (Can not repair file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\patcher_trigger\patchTrigger")(Seq 5)

Adobe support told me to download the latest version of Photoshop CS6 from their web downloads, and reinstall it.  I did this, and everything seemed fine - Creative Cloud updated Photoshop CS6 once, and then, two days later, another update appeared... the same one I'd been having trouble with 2 days ago!  Once again, it crashes with the same error.

I contacted Adobe Support again, and they told me that they don't support it anymore (they supported it 2 days ago!), and to post in the forums.  Of course, I couldn't log on to the forums, because every time I tried, it said the page was redirecting too many times! LOL. Finally found a fix for that (logged on to my account, and changed my User name).

So, how do I apply this update so that the Creative Cloud app stops bugging me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have said I tried all of those solutions before contacting Adobe support... It was Support who provided the link to download the most up to date version of Photoshop CS6 so I could reinstall it. Nothing has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More on this that suggests you reinstall, but go directly from 13.0 to the 13.1.2 update.

Updating to 13.1.2 Photoshop CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... How do you skip an update?

The only updates available for manual download are Photoshop CS6 are 13.0.1.2, and 13.0.1.3.... not 13.1.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Desktop only offers the 13.1.2 update. Launch the CC app it and click on Update next to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I've been doing... Opening the Creative Cloud app, and it offers the update for Photoshop CS6. It is this update that consistently fails to install. All my other CS6 apps were successfully updated using this same method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, I've done what I can. I do not want to suggest anything that may make things worse.  If you can find someone locally to look at it, that would be best.

Maybe someone in the forums will post better advice, but check Google on your problem and see if something there may solve it.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help. I've looked, and looked.... and everything refers back to the articles originally linked to in this thread... none of which help. Looks like I'm stuck, continually receiving notifications about an update I cannot install! LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will work as before without it. It's just not worth the stress if your system is blocking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only option is to contact adobe support during business or working hours via this link http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html and when they available, click on “still need help”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to get around this... I uninstalled PS, then reinstalled it. I waited until I received the notification for the update, and simple ignored it!  A few days later, the second update arrived, which I installed, and now everything works fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines