• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone running RH on Mac with VMWare Fusion?

Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously disgruntled with Microsoft after a weekend troubleshooting issus on my pc and getting nowhere. I'm at a point where I either have to buy a new PC running Vista, or make the leap to Mac. Have talked to a couple of friends who prefer VMFusion to BootCamp or Parallels, but none of them are technical writers. I use RoboHelp extensively (will likely be upgrading to RH8 and generating AIR Help for a new, huge project), and also use the rest of the Tech Comm Suite quite a bit. Have several customers who I still have to create manuals for in Word (blah)too. Appreciate any input as this is a major (and expensive) decision!

Thanks,
Katie

Katie Carver
Senior Technical Writer
Docs-to-You, LLC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's site indicates that RH is only available for the Windows platform.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I noticed that. However, I know there are others currently running RH on Mac (founds some posts from November). A year ago, I would've been the last person to ever consider making the leap to Mac. But after talking to several people who insist that the kind of setup I'm considering is the best of both worlds, I'm really giving it some thought. Adobe's "official" support isn't an issue for me as I've never called them, and worst case scenario, I will still have my 1-year-old PC running XP to fall back on once I reformat the hard drive and start fresh with it.

Katie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd update in case anyone else lands on this with a search:

I've been using the Adobe Tech Comm. Suite 2 on my MacBook Pro with VMWare Fusion - Windows XP for 9+ months with no issues (knock on wood...). I'm primarily using RoboHelp to generate AIRHelp, but also Acrobat, FrameMaker, and Captivate. Since this is not supported, I do frequent backups and maintain my PC should I ever have to go back to using it for my Adobe apps. So far, though, this really is the "best of both worlds" set up!

Katie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow - good to know.  I only use my PC for RoboHelp - so it's something to try!

patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp