• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stitching Raw Files with Camera Raw 9.1.1, in CS6.

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to stitch several raw files together with Camera Raw 9.1.1. within CS6. I was told that this function started to be available after version 9.  After I imported these files into Camera Raw, selected all files, I could not find filmstrip options for me to merge them into panoramic format. Is it because Camera Raw 9.1.1 operates differently in CS6? Does it mean I cannot merge raw files for panoramic photos or for HDR ? Any input is grea appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 9.1.1 only add newer Camera RAW Format support for CS6. NEs ACR features lie ACR stitching is not enabled in CS6.  You need CC for ACR 9 feature.   The Film strip feature shoul be available but all you will be able to do is sync setting to other RAW file in the strip.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This function was added in ACR 9.4 for CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use File>Automate>Merge to HDR Pro or Photomerge and from Bridge CS6 Tools>Photoshop>Merge to HDR Pro or Photomerge.

Neither way actually opens the acr interface, but you can use camera raw files just the same.

phot.jpg

brid.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yours is the only response that helps. After the raw files are opened, I will save the merged file into a jpeg and reopen the file in Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do that, but i would  use tif instead until you want to save as a final image.

Jpeg applies compression which can decrease the image quality.

Also, if you want to make adjustments to the camera raw files before HDR or Photomerge, just open them in camera raw

and when you open the same images in HDR or Photomerge the adjustments will carry over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried with TIF first, but somehow, could not open the TIF file in Camera Raw. I will try again and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the downside of this approach is that I could not stitch the original raw files. I have a feeling that I will lose some details and information. However, upgrading to CC from CS6 just because these sounds too expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working from rendered RGB files (PSD, TIFF or jpeg), there's absolutely no reason to stitch in ACR. Just let Photoshop do it.

The point of stitching in ACR is that the result is a merged raw file with all the sensor information intact. Without that advantage, ACR stitching serves no particular purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines