• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cineware truncates animation timeline

Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using C4D Lite v19 with AE 2018.  My C4D file has a simple scene with only camera animation.  I'm using the default camera settings, and animating only position and rotation.  The animation timeline is 1440 frames long at 30 fps.  When I bring it into After Effects and drag it to the New Comp icon, two strange things happen: First, the comp is very short, about 400 frames, leaving out most of the animation. And second, the comp start frame is 400, even though my C4D file has a timeline starting at the first frame.  So it only brings in a piece of the animation from C4D, from about frame 400 to frame 960, while the C4D file is actually 1440 frames.  Does anyone understand why this might be happening?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Thank you for your reply, Mylenium.  No, nothing fancy, it's really the simplest file, just some objects, lights and camera animation.  Because of time, I had to just "go with it" for now and slide the keyframes down the timeline to start on the frames that AE could see, render that chunk to PNG, then slide the keyframes again and render the next chunk, etc., and then sew it all together in AE.  I got the project done on time, but still don't know what was going on there.  If I run into the prob

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are the actual project settings in AE? Did you add any fancies like scene markers, takes or stage objects in C4D? did you override the render settings in C4D with a custom duration? Set a custom work range on teh timeline slider? I could think of a million things...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Mylenium.  No, nothing fancy, it's really the simplest file, just some objects, lights and camera animation.  Because of time, I had to just "go with it" for now and slide the keyframes down the timeline to start on the frames that AE could see, render that chunk to PNG, then slide the keyframes again and render the next chunk, etc., and then sew it all together in AE.  I got the project done on time, but still don't know what was going on there.  If I run into the problem again, I'll update this thread. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kalibahlu,

Solve this issue yet? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Kevin,
Thank you for checking.  No I haven't gone back to it once the project was finished.  I haven't had to use Cineware since.  But I will say, I've seen other strange behavior in AE 2018, such as layers becoming temporarily invisible in the timeline (not shy layers), so maybe AE 2018 has some intermittent bugginess, but I really don't know what it the cause was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was looking for an answer too and after tinkering for a bit I fixed it.  In my case the Project Settings (Ctrl + D inside C4D) and my Render Settings (Ctrl + B also in Cinema) where different. Check the first, then redo the second. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines