• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop CC 2017 vs. photoshop 2017 ?

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a full creative cloud subscription.  the desktop creative cloud updater app shows an update available for photoshop cc 2017 and what looks like will be a completely new version, identified simply photoshop cc.  what are the differences and is there any significance between the two versions as it relates to my use of Lightroom.  for now, i want to stay with Lr Classic CC and not move to Lr CC.  if i went to Lr CC, is the newer Photoshop CC required if i want to edit between the two apps?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

You can still use the newest version of PS with LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use the newest version of PS with LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC is the name for what we were all expecting to be called Photoshop CC2018 (i.e. the latest version). It works fine with LR Classic.

If you have the space on your PC, use the desktop application to upgrade and choose advanced options. Then don't delete the old version.  That way you can keep CC2017 alongside the newer version until you are sure everything is working for you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dacevscm or Chuck... Is there a reason to keep "Photoshop CC (2017)" or can I remove it and replace it entirely with "Photoshop CC". I guess I'm wondering why there are two separate installs for CC subscribers... it's confusing. I am also using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I usually keep the previous version around , just in case a bug or two surface in the new version that I can't work around. It also makes it easier to be sure that something has changed if you can open the old and try it there.  Once you are happy with the new version then just uninstall the old.

Note : The default behaviour of the desktop app is to uninstall older versions when you update. If you want to keep the older version you have to go into Advanced Options and choose not to delete the older version(s)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks davescm! I know the default behaviour of the desktop install is to remove the previous version, but this isn't the default behaviour of the CC install.

It just seems like the default behaviour of CC should mimic the desktop version and automatically remove the previous version if it's an upgrade. I get why there's a separate install for the Lightroom CC vs Lightroom Classic, but this doesn't seem to be a similar situation in terms of this versioning of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, which IS the newest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC2018 19.1.2 is the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like the cc 2014 but they say they no longer offer rhat and the 2017 is like the 2014. I learned on the 2014 I like that version I dont like when they change things up. If I am paying for a subscription I should be able to use which program I feel more comfortable using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines