Exit

Photoshop 10.1.2 on Mac - Introduced terrible brush lag

Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just updated to Photoshop 19.1.2

Now my brushes are useless. The brush lag this "update" introduced is so bad any kind of brush work is impossible as there's a 2 second lag.

I changed the "advanced" settings of the brush from "advanced" to "basic" but this did not change anything.

1. How can I get decent brush performance?

2. Is it possible to downgrade? 19.1.0 couldn't open png files, but at least the brushes work.

PS: I'm on Sierra, OS 10.12.6 ( but I saw online Windows users experience the same problem)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

I found a fix.

This problem is caused by the new smoothing feature.

Go to the brush panel and untick "smoothing"

Brush performance returns to normal.

Adobe, it's normal that some things don't work right away. But why don't you send out news about Photoshop that deal with such bugs. This bug has been known for 3 weeks and it just ate 25 minutes of my work time. I'm on a deadline, for Christ's sake, so respect my time more and send us these fixes so we don't have to look for it (and try out a couple o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a fix.

This problem is caused by the new smoothing feature.

Go to the brush panel and untick "smoothing"

Brush performance returns to normal.

Adobe, it's normal that some things don't work right away. But why don't you send out news about Photoshop that deal with such bugs. This bug has been known for 3 weeks and it just ate 25 minutes of my work time. I'm on a deadline, for Christ's sake, so respect my time more and send us these fixes so we don't have to look for it (and try out a couple of wrong ones first along the way)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines