• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera raw error message

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite having the latest version of camera raw and lightroom cc this error message keeps popping up.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't see the error message.

Please state the VERSION NUMBER of your Lightroom and not words like "latest".

Also please state your operating system VERSION NUMBER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the image shows this time.  I am using lightroom cc 2018 and photoshop cc2018 and I've updated to the latest version of camera raw as well.

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.54.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the Help > About screen in your Lightroom copy it should look like the attached screenshot.  If not, you are not updated correctly.   It should say "7.2 Release Camera Raw 10.2"

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whsprague,  Thanks for your suggestion.  Below is a screen shot of what I have.  When I look in my apps it looks like I have more than one version of lightroom.  I assumed the latest version was automatically selected when I updated software.  Do you think I have the wrong version opening?  Brad

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 2.30.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-01 at 2.29.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably are opening the wrong version of Photoshop. It looks like you still have Photoshop CC 2017 installed which has a too old version of camera raw to deal with Lightroom Classic 7. Uninstall it through the creative cloud app or by dragging the 2017 folder to the trash and make sure you run the 2018 Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brad15b  wrote

I assumed the latest version was automatically selected when I updated software.  Do you think I have the wrong version opening? 

Brad,

Your screen shot shows you are not opening the current version.   It shows you are opening 2015.7.  Lightroom 2015 worked its way to 2015.14 before the name switch to Lightroom Classic CC.   When there is a major version upgrade, the new does not delete the old. 

Be careful here.  If you've been running the old version and making develop module adjustments they are recorded in the catalog assigned to your version 2015.7.    When you figure out how to open the newest Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 you will want to open the OLD catalog.  Better even to open a copy of the old catalog.  The new 7.2 should look at that old catalog, make a copy and convert it to a newer format.

Once on the new, don't go back to the old or the catalog will get messed up or you'll loose work or both.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,  Thanks.  I do see how to open the new version of lightroom but I'm not clear on your message about how to connect it with the old catalog. Below is the screen shot that pops up when I try to upgrade to the classic cc.  Do I just upgrade or do I need to do it differently?  Brad

cacatalogScreen Shot 2018-04-01 at 6.08.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to advise.  That it says "Catalog-2-2" suggests your catalog has been upgraded once already.  What is your catalog structure, how many do you have and where are they?  In most cases, there should be only one. 

The catalog is the soul of Lightroom.  It gets painful if it gets messed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, Thanks for your persistence. To the best of my knowledge I've only had one catalog but I used to own lightroom as a freestanding application.  When my MacBook pro crashed and I needed a new one, I seem to recall they told me I had to buy lightroom cc to be able to use with the latest apple operating system and for full compatibility with photoshop.  It is possible that is why I have two catalogs.  Below is a screen shot that shows my catalogs.  Any thoughts?  Based on this would "upgrade" make everything ok or do you think I'll loose the connection to my files?  BradScreen Shot 2018-04-01 at 9.25.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have three Lightroom catalogs.   The screen shot might be showing copies. 

Perhaps you can identify which has the most important work and start with that.   It might be the one with the most recent date. 

Then read up on "Import from Catalog".    If you have important work in the other catalogs you may be able to add them to whatever you've picked as the new primary.  Be careful as you could end up with a lot of duplicates. 

Tim Grey and Laura Shoe are two very good online teachers that have tutorials for this.  It will take an hour or two.

Cleaning Up Your Mess in Lightroom 6 - YouTube

Clean Up Your Lightroom Mess - Lightroom Spring Cleaning Webinar - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, Thanks.  I am vacation now with poor internet connection.  I appreciate your help.  I will review these tutorials.  Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue I think. I have Lightroom 4.4 and have upgraded my Nikon from a D60 to D7200 - I get the following error and have to shoot JPEG only now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a different issue - your version of Lightroom is too old to recognise the Raw files from your D7200.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The D60 has been supported since Lightroom 4.4. However, the D7200 has only been supported since Lightroom 6.0. There are no updates for Lightroom 4.4 to make it support the D7200.

Options:

1. Upgrade to Lightroom 6, or
  2. Join the Adobe Cloud, or
  3. Stay with Lightroom 4.4 and use the free Adobe DNG converter

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple fact is you are using an older version of Photoshop and the newest version of LR. Because of that the ACR versions don't match.

You need to update (and or Upgrade) Photoshop the most current version. You do that from the Creative Cloud Desktop App (also called the Adobe Application Manager App).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JSM, Thanks. I do have the latest version of photoshop now.  upgrading to the newest version of lightroom is the challenge as I'm not sure why I have 3 catalogues now (see whsprague's comments) and don't want to loose my data ( I just spent a couple months going back over my 50,000 images from the days before lightroom and tagged them and organized them).   Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines