• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Disabled Timeline Shortcut Keys while in Move tool?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a ball with the animation timeline system in Photoshop. I'm using a Surface Book and have got everything set as a shortcut on my Express Key Pro.

Now, the setup might sound complex, but here is all I want to do:

When I'm in the Move tool, I want to temporarily disable the Timeline Short Cut keys. This is so I can use the arrow keys with the Move tool natively.

The reason this would be helpful is because if I'm using the Tool Shortcut trick where I temporarily hold down the key, make a stroke, and let go of the key trick that reverts back to previous tool, I'm able to access most of the tool panel with very few available keys on the Express Key Pro.

So that or conversely, what other keys can I use with the Move tool to get exact X+Y movements?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand? What you are writing does not seem to be correct.  The arrow keys and Shift Arrow keys should nudge the move tools target when Photoshop current tool is the move tool..    Holding down other keys like H and the space Bar will temporally switch from the current Photoshop tool such as the move tool to the Hand tool but when you release the other keys Photoshop should switch back to the previous previous current tool for example the move tool.

Animation Panel has these sgortcuts

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that's in the Frame mode. In the Timeline mode you can turn on "Timeline Shortcuts" which are Left arrow and Right arrow for frame forward or back which are the same keys for the Move tool. Switching to the move tool in this mode, the Arrow keys remain in control of the timeline, not positioning in the Move tool. It would be helpful if the behavior was to change back to the Arrow keys controlling positioning instead of frame advance while in the Move Tool.

I'm looking for a work around that doesn't require me to constantly interrupt the rotoscope workflow, disabling a drop down, grabbing the move tool, and using the arrow keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines