Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfdocument Tag Issues

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2009 Jan 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community:

This is my issue: I am using a <cfdocument> tag to generate a report. The report is about 20 pages. Once a user saves all the data and answer the questions to be generated in the report I submit the form that sends the inspection id to the cfm file that have the report in it (cfdocument and code is in this file.) My report returns a blank screen. If I change the format to flashpaper, then it attempts to download an empty cfm file. If I remove the cfdocument tags from my code then the correct output prints on an html document. I don't know what's wrong with my cfdocuemnt tags. I am using CF8. Any setting Coldfusion Admin? Any ideas?

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009
I seem to remember having a similar problem, but then used CFHEADER to force the file name that will be opened. Try this code at the top of the page that generates the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember having a similar problem, but then used CFHEADER to force the file name that will be opened. Try this code at the top of the page that generates the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Selene:

I will try that and will get back to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selene!

Thanks! This solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selene!

Thanks! This solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Selene!

Thanks! This solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation