• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7RIII ARW files and Camera Raw

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Sony A7RIII and cannot access the ARW files I shot. First I tried Lightroom Classic CC version 7, which did not work, then I downloaded the latest Adobe Camera Raw Converter version 10.2, which says on its website that it supports Sony A7RIII ARW files - but I still cannot open them. I have also tried Photoshop/Bridge CC 2017. I'm getting a sinking feeling that I made a mistake in using this camera for a project that I need to work on right now. Can someone out there help me? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A7RIII raw files are generally supported by LR CC 7.1 and ACR 10.1. Check the versions of LR and Camera Raw you're using and make sure they are at least the .1 versions of the current series, where .2 is the current version.

If you are all updated to current .2 versions, then perhaps there is some special mode you shot your ARW files in that makes them not work with the Adobe supported modes, some sort of multi-shot high-res or HDR or I don't what that camera will do.

If you like you can upload one of the ARW files you've having issues with to somewhere like www.dropbox.com and copy/paste a public share link, to a reply, here, and someone can download it and see if it works for them.  That would help determine if something is wrong with the ARW files (some special camera mode) or if something is wrong on your computer (old versions of software) or perhaps user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I used the Uncompressed RAW setting. Now I see that was a mistake. I just tried using the Exiftool workaround that is posted on YouTube and that is not working.

But you can find the file here - please let me know if you have any other solutions for me. Thanks.

_DSC0432.ARW - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the version of Camera Raw I have is 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated the Camera Raw plug-in and after using the Exiftool conversion, it seems to be working. Hoping it will be updated soon so I can simply import them into Lightroom! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need to touch it with ExifTool.  What ExifTool commands are you using?  Are you extracting a JPG or what is ExifTool doing to the ARW that makes it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ARW uploaded to Google Drive works ok in LR CC 7.2, too:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. The Exiftool converted the files to an earlier version of ARW. But what puzzles me is why I still cannot open those converted files or the originals in Adobe DNG Converter 10.2. As for LR 7.2, I have version 7.0 through my employer and unfortunately they don’t have 7.2 upgrade available - but I’m going to see about getting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ARW you uploaded to Google Drive opens ok in my ACR 10.2 so I don't know why it wouldn't work on your system:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines