Exit

Unable to encrypt with password - error CSecPolicyMenu-491

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version: 2018.009.20050

Computer OS version: Windows 8

Other computer specs: Intel Core i7, 3.10Ghz, 16GB (plenty of space left), 64-Bit

Before anyone asks: this is NOT an issue happening on Adobe Reader.

While trying to encrypt a PDF file with a password (an act I have done one hundred times prior on this same computer) I get an error message (see attachment) OR the system says something along the lines of "this task cannot be completed right now, Acrobat DC needs to shut down."

The PDF I am trying to encrypt has files from several other computers in office that have Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and a Windows 10 OS (excluding one computer that has Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and Windows 8).

I am wondering if maybe PDF's from other computers are causing the issue? Am I missing a compatibility issue on my own system? Although this has literally never been a problem before. I don't recall any updates to Adobe or any OS since the last time this project of putting together pages needed to be completed.

Shot 3.jpg

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mollym,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please try following steps:

1- Update Acrobat to latest patch using "check for updates" option under "Help" menu. You may also download updates manually from this link: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products , reboot the machine after installing update and check.

2- If that doesn't resolve the issue, repair Acrobat by clicking "Repair Installation" under Help menu, reboot the machine after repair and check.

Also, try encrypting another pdf file to check if it's not a file specific issue.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines