• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush not working properly!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i need some help in troubleshooting this issue. i open photoshop to draw, i am using the brush tool, and when i try and lay down a stroke in an attempt to draw, it only pans around the canvas as if i'm holding space and moving the cursor around. the only time i can get a stroke is if i make a stroke from left to right and even then that is a hit or miss. when i am zoomed out at 100% i can draw fairly okay, however if i zoom in and go past 100% the issue returns in which i cannot draw and i end up just panning around the canvas. i reset preferences, uninstalled/reinstalled photoshop, reset my drivers for my wacom, uninstalled/reinstalled my wacom driver, restarted my computer, and i'm running low on ideas. i even fooled around in the settings in the wacom driver and nothing. it's such a niche problem and i really need the assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others seem to be having move panninf problems also Every tool acts like Move Tool, and latency: Intuos Pro

Can you provide more information about your Hardware and software versions installed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assumed it was photoshop, so i updated photoshop to 19.1.2. i also have installed the latest version of 2017. in addition i also reset all tools in both versions. my hardware is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m on a Asus Laptop. i'm also using a medium Wacom intuos pro, i  its the newest one with the pro pen 2. and i'm not using the wireless function with it at the moment, its got a cable form the tablet to my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm also on windows 10 version 1709

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the exact same problem, does someone have a solution by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling this Windows update

windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstall Windows 10 update and its working now thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel ridiculous for asking but how would i go about uninstalling the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control Panel>Program Features>View Installed Updates.  Then uninstall it from the list of updates.

To stop it being reinstalled you need to pause the update process.  Go to Settings>Update and Security/Windows Update>Update Settings> Advanced Options>Pause Updates and switch it on.  This will give you a month of no updates.  Those of us affected by this problem are all hoping that MS/Wacom will have a solution by then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've recently discovered a permanent solution that bypasses the new windows update. i had to uninstall and rollback the update so many times that the uninstall option became unavailable when i were to try and uninstall the update because i didn't do the above ^^^ instead,

- i turned off the windows ink option in wacom driver settings

- downloaded notepad and typed in

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

- then I saved the notepad document as a txt file. and be sure to save it into the photoshop settings file. you can access this on windows via right clicking the windows logo at the bottom left.

- then select run

- type %appdata%

- hit enter

- go to appdata

- roaming

- adobe

- adobe photoshop cc 2018

- adobe photoshop cc 2018 settings

- place/save the txt. file that was created earlier. you may have to restart photoshop but i didn't. heres a link to what i used. https://sweetmonia.com/Sweet-Drawing-Blog/wacom-tablet-how-to-disable-windows-ink-keep-pressure-sens...

Wacom Tablet:- How to disable Windows Ink & Keep Pressure Sensitivity in Adobe Photoshop. | Sweet Dr...

Mark all readFilter

Brush not working properly! in PhotoshopJames Lopez asked2 weeks ago
Hello, i need some help in troubleshooting this issue. i open photoshop to draw, i am using the brush tool, and when i try and lay down a stroke in an attempt to draw, it only pans around the canvas as if i'm holding space and moving the cursor around. the only time i can get a stroke is if i make a stroke from left to right and even then that is a hit or miss. when i am zoomed out at 100% i can draw fairly okay, however if i zoom in and go past 100% the issue returns in which i cannot draw and i end up just panning around the canvas. i reset preferences, uninstalled/reinstalled photoshop, reset my drivers for my wacom, uninstalled/reinstalled my wacom driver, restarted my computer, and i'm running low on ideas. i even fooled around in the settings in the wacom driver and nothing. it's such a niche problem and i really need the assistance.

Show moreActions Hide new activityMark read

10 replies1 new update Show earlier

styloplume

styloplume (to James Lopez) 2 weeks ago

Here is a probable answer to your question.  Situation is serious, but not dire.  See this discussion for work-arounds:

"EVERY TOOL acts like the Move Tool"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10277612.

Good luck.

• Helpful • CommentActions

James Lopez

James Lopez (to Ged Traynor) 2 weeks ago

i feel ridiculous for asking but how would i go about uninstalling the update?

davidc1815

davidc1815 (to James Lopez) 1 week ago

Control Panel>Program Features>View Installed Updates.  Then uninstall it from the list of updates.

To stop it being reinstalled you need to pause the update process.  Go to Settings>Update and Security/Windows Update>Update Settings> Advanced Options>Pause Updates and switch it on.  This will give you a month of no updates.  Those of us affected by this problem are all hoping that MS/Wacom will have a solution by then.

Reply to davidc1815

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!!! This helped to solve the issue! Thanks a lot.
(using Windows 10 and a Intuos 3 Tablet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a probable answer to your question.  Situation is serious, but not dire.  See this discussion for work-arounds:

"EVERY TOOL acts like the Move Tool"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10277612.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tell you how hard I would hug you if I met you. Thank you SO much. I thought it was a pen and tablet issue meaning a pricey fix for new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines