• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling Photoshop CS6 after many upgrades

New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old computer was giving warning beeps that indicated the motherboard might be about to die. So I deactivated my .

copy of Photoshop CS6. I now need to reinstall it on my new computer. I have been buying and upgrading Photoshop since Version 4.0 which came on 3 1/2" disks. I have been buying and registering new upgrades since then.

How do I go about installing my CS6 upgrade version? Obviously I can't install 4.0 (which was on 3 1/2" disks) and then continue reinstalling all my upgrades.

Thanks for any help,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

All you should need to do is install CS6.  You will need you CS5 serial as well as your CS6 upgrade serial. The CS5 serial can be an upgrade serial,  You do not need to install CS5 first.  But you will need your CS5 serial for it the only product that qualifies for a CS6 upgrade.  Be sure to use CS6 menu Help>Updates after you install.  CS6 is very buggy without its updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you should need to do is install CS6.  You will need you CS5 serial as well as your CS6 upgrade serial. The CS5 serial can be an upgrade serial,  You do not need to install CS5 first.  But you will need your CS5 serial for it the only product that qualifies for a CS6 upgrade.  Be sure to use CS6 menu Help>Updates after you install.  CS6 is very buggy without its updates.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJ. I'll give that a go this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To piggy back this question, I have Cs6 installed and want to upgrade my processor / motherboard.  CS6 was installed many years ago from a DVD and in the "info" slot it says:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1.3 20131024.r.34 2013/10/24:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Windows NT

Version: 6.2

Are the update files still on the adobe web site to update Photoshop CS6 extended to the latest update position?

Thanks, Mel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find the updates here

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines