Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visemes not working anymore in Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently working on a project in Character Animator, and have recorded A LOT of movements for one of my scenes- one of which include Audio input/Computing Lip Sync from Audio Scene which gave me a lot of visemes that I then tweaked to better match up with my character. I saved the project as well as exported to PNG sequence and WAV. Later, I decided I wanted to make a minor change, and reopened the Character Animator project and before making changes, I played through my timeline... I noticed everything (arm, body and head movements, keyboard triggers) work fine, but now my visemes aren't being working... they still appear in the timeline like they should, but my character is just not moving their mouth anymore. Could you help me find a solution, or let me know why this might be happening?

Thank you!

Margarita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the eyeball next to Lip Sync on?

If you recorded again, does it work?

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 12.40.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other random things to check:

• As per Dave, if you create a new scene, and you start a new recording with the same puppet, does the lip sync work? If not, maybe the puppet got corrupted somehow. E.g. renamed a layer in the artwork file, so the auto tagging gets messed up. (I would start here -  try to work out if its the puppet not working or the scene recording/playback not working.)
  • Yes, I have got bitten the accidental eyeball click (hiding the recording).
  • I have also been bitten by adding a new behavior to the puppet later and forgetting - the nesting of behaviours makes a difference.
  • Did you accidentally record a new lipsync track over the top (effectively disabling the current track, greying it out) - the old one would still be visible, but dimmed. Done that one too!
  • Did you have the record button enabled and the lip sync track turned on - because its armed sometimes it surpresses the current values (only when recording I think). You said playback, but if a recording this is my most common issue.
  • If you zoom in, does it still display all the vizeme names correctly? Or do you see question marks. With draggers if it loses the relationship the recording can be disconnected from the puppet handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I did discover that I had added a sad face and that cut off the lip sync.

Sharon Cheek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines