• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom couldn't update the format of its catalog because file appears to be damaged

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to rebuild my Windows 10 machine and installed the new Lightroom Classic.  Previous version was older, although can't exactly recall which LR version.

I've tried opening my old catalog (300gb) and get the following message:

Lightroom couldn't update the format of its catalog because file appears to be damaged

LR Error.PNG

I'm certain it isn't as I was using the catalog fine before rebuilding the machine.

Searching the forums this seems a common problem when upgrading from older LR versions, but I can't see a fix?

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file you are trying to upgrade on a networked drive? That has been known to cause this issue. (Or did you put it on a network drive while you were rebuilding the computer?)

Do you have recent backups of the catalog file you can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its sat on my C and always has been on the C drive...... I just copied it away onto a spare drive when I rebuilt the machine and have just put it back on the C drive again.

Found a slightly older backup and that has worked...  not ideal, but better than losing everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I jump into this thread please? I am having the same issue; back up is on external drive, trying to load it into classic cc on brand new computer but getting catalog damaged message. any advice? lightroom wont even open now without a working catalog so cannot do export as catalog option. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No answer to this? I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines