• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers Short Cut

Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there's a short cut to export an image from Lr to Ps (Ctrl + E) but is there a short cut to export multiple images from Lr to Ps in layers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no built-in keyboard shortcut for that and unfortunately Lightroom doesn't have a keyboard shortcut editor.

There are ways to assign your own keyboard shortcuts like explained here:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/custom-keyboard-shortcuts/

And this utility

Keyboard Tamer - Make Adobe Lightroom work for you by specifying your own keyboard shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll have to check into this, much appreciated. Surprised Adobe doesn't provide one since Lr & Ps go hand in hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can use the opposite route:

• put the files into one folder and then (from Photoshop)
  • menu: File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is always to shave off time where ever possible in post. I do real estate photography and go between Lr & Ps on just about every other image. Thought if I could hit 2 keys I could eliminate right click on selected images & scrolling down to Layer in Ps. Maybe I can achieve this by creating my own short cut by what Jeff mentioned above. Thanks for your response but I don't see how it could be helpful in my scenario.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the problem with:

open selected files from LR in PS

run in PS: File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack… (all opened files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not saying there is a problem, I like my workflow the way I have it set up just wondering if there was a short cut using the Keyboard Keys to open selected files(1-2 or 3-4) in layers. I prefer to develop an image at a time & be done with it, Lr to Ps to Lr for touch up then export when all images are completed. I just don't see a benefit developing all the images first, grouping together to load into Ps to do repairs &/or layering then back to Lr, then go through them again to touch up as necessary. I just see it as adding to my workflow going through them all again, like I said I prefer to develop an image & be done with it before moving onto the next. That's just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines