• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 for New Computer [branched from older discussion]

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new PC and then this nonsense! Im just after having over an hour remote chat and help from Adobe, but he gave up and told me to upgrade to LRCC  WHY shud i have to pay money when there is an never version of LR 6  ie 6.9  .... this is a shambles and surely when you download a version of a product you should get the latest release or at least one with all patches. instead of this crap .... Shame on you Adobe! my camera is the Nikon D500 and now i cant use Raw files!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the LR 6 installer at the below link. You need to install the 'All' (LR6.0) download first and then download and install the LR 6.14 update. Make sure you have your LR6 serial number.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't made it very clear. Do you already have a serial number for Lightroom 6? Have you purchased Lightroom 6? If you have then you can download and install Lightroom 6, and then install the 6.14 update, which is the final update for Lightroom 6. Then you should have support for your Nikon camera. Actually, your camera only requires 6.5, but you might as well install the final update while you are at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have a serial number it all worked on my old PC, but getting a new PC and installing everything again it went back to version 6.0  and with that my ability to view and work on my Raw files, ive tried every download under the sun from Adobe as did the man at online Adobe remote support who worked over an hour n gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stefanl65901720  wrote

yes I have a serial number it all worked on my old PC, but getting a new PC and installing everything again it went back to version 6.0  and with that my ability to view and work on my Raw files, ive tried every download under the sun from Adobe as did the man at online Adobe remote support who worked over an hour n gave up.

Right you need to Update it to 6.14 and you can do that from the link posted in an above Reply.

Here is is again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go back to the link that was provided in a previous message and download and install the 6.14 update. The main installer for Lightroom 6 installs Lightroom 6 .0. There were 14 updates, and you only need to install the last one. In case you missed the link, here it is again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (317).png

thats what I get when trying to run the patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is more than likely a folder permissions error. A folder the LR update is trying to write data to does not have the proper permissions. your User Name isn't listed and doesn't have full access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bit strange that its only LR giving problems running, never had problem with any other extractions or running files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the stuff downloaded and tried to do and nothing worked so far

Screenshot (318).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the fix at the below link. Make sure to extract the setup.zip folder. Right click> 7Zip> Extract Files.

ADOBE CC UPDATE FAILED/ COULD NOT BE APPLIED FIX** [SOLVED] - YouTube

ADOBE UPDATE FAILED UPDATES COULD NOT BE APPLIED when trying to update your adobe suite of applications with an offline update package.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

Find AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Rename to AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat.bak or delete file

Try update again

Done!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no such file in that folder as AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stefanl65901720  wrote

there is no such file in that folder as AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

In some cases like this the only option that works is to Uninstall all Adobe software then use the CC cleaner tool

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

To remove all traces of Adobe software then Reinstall from the download link provided before. Download both the Base program and 6.14 update and install the Base program then the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok will try the removal of everything and reinstalling, but no time today so will have to be other evening.

will reply when tried!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that screen shot is from your NEW PC how did all that Adobe software get installed and updates for all of it.

I would think a NEW PC wouldn't have anything like that on the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats all today most of it is from the remote adobe support as he tried to fix my problem but failed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and before that i downloaded various things to try too from suggestions at the forum but everything failed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramiz Raja was the support agent that had remote control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stefanl65901720  wrote

thats all today most of it is from the remote adobe support as he tried to fix my problem but failed!

What specific versions of Adobe applications (LR 6, PS CS6, etc.) have you purchased and are now loading onto the new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6 was loaded on to this PC and working fine as most time i used only JPG images, hover as i did a cpl of shoots in Raw, this is where I hit the snag. The remote assistant reloaded it today and tried to update it, but its still 6.0 so he gave up as it refused to update to a later version, said my serial number of LR6 did not support a later version?????  and that being quite strange since I did have a later version on my old PC, that worked well with Raw files from my camera. He then download cloud and among other things the last thing he tried was to install a trial version of LR CC, and told me to upgrade to that!

this is the one Im talking about:

Adobe Photoshop LightroomXXXXXXXXX6.0MultipleMay 17, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so why is when trying to Update my LR6 in the HELP tab it tells me I have the latest version, when I clearly dont?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest uninstalling all Adobe apps (LR, PS, etc.) using Windows Programs & Features Uninstall. Then run the CC Cleaner as suggested by . Make sure to backup your LR Catalog file(s) before doing anything!

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Then download and install the LR 6.0 Installer ONLY! Once LR 6.0 is reinstalled and working properly with your catalog file go to LR menu Help> Updates and see if you can get 6.14 installed using that route.

If that fails try installing the LR 6.14 update from the above link and trying that again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines