• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC slow with Nikon d850 files

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am editing photos in Lightroom classic cc there is a several second lag in the changes while using the clone tool.  It is also slow in bringing up photos that have already been edited.  I am shooting RAW lossless compressed, 14 bit on the Nikon d850.  Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're having performance related issue with Lightroom Classic CC while working on raw images from the Nikon D850.

Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom Classic CC you are using? Note that the latest is 7.2.

Also, does the issue only occurs while working with 14 bit images from this camera and particularly only this camera?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 7.2 version.

There is some slight lag while using my 36mp Nikon d810, but not nearly as bad. 

Also, I have the $9.99 a month version.  I had the Lightroom 5 that I was using before.  Would that make a difference?  Is there a way to do a version that pays a flat fee?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an iMac late 2013 desktop 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 3TB Fusion Hard drive.  Is this enough to handle these Nikon d850 RAW files?  I have asked several people that know more about computers than me and they all said that it should be enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet your experience says it is slow. So this computer is not powerful enough to work with D850 Raw files. You might want to try the two suggestions I made above, either one of those should speed things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the clone tool on very large images (like D850 images, which are 45 megapixels) will be slow. This is a known drawback to cloning in Lightroom.

Cloning will be much faster in Photoshop. Another thing you can try in Lightroom is to do the cloning as the next to last step in editing, and as the last step turn on transforms and lens corrections (if desired).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still like to know if there is a difference in the $9.99 a month version and the upgrade from Lightroom 5 version?  Would it make a difference in editing speed?  Everything else in Lightroom is just as fast with the d850 files as the d5 files.  The only real lag is the clone and heal brush.  I spoke with someone from adobe and they said even with more processing power there could still be some lag with the 850 RAWs when using clone/heal brush.  Thank you for the suggestions above.  I will certainly try them.  If all else fails, I will go for a new beefy iMac Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still like to know if there is a difference in the $9.99 a month version and the upgrade from Lightroom 5 version?  Would it make a difference in editing speed?

Get the 7 day free trial of Lightroom CLassic CC and see how it performs on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just upgraded to the D850 and for me, using LR Classic CC on a Windows PC the files load a fair bit faster than those from my D810 with a CF card. Can't say as I've noticed any difference when using CC for post processing.

For me it has been a pleasant surprise as when I ordered the D850, file size was a bit of a worry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines