• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix cut off image?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently am in the process of making a logo so I used a wolf from a stock image website. However, the wolf's tail end is cut off. I was wonder how I could fix the tail end using either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

ahhh. ok. well. you need the pen tool to draw the missing part. its such a small part that is missing this will be easy. it will take you less than a minute to add what is missing.

here is an intro video on the pen tool in illustrator.

Adobe Illustrator Basics: Pen Tool Tutorial - YouTube

Or you can email istock and see if they can contact the artist who made it and see if he will do that for you. your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wolf2.png

Here is the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohh.. its a tiny bit missing. draw it with the pen tool and fill it with black if its in photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a full version:

Howling Wolf Silhouette Psd | Free Images at Clker.com - vector clip art online, royalty free & publ...

A GIS should bring up better versions free or licensed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So many ways to continue the image.

1. Photoshop:

- Draw the end with a brush and same color.  or

- With the Clone stamp tool continue the drawing.

Remember: the tail is a tail you can end it in any ways you want looking at other references.. it is your drawing!

2. Illustrator:

if the image is vector simply add the design with the pen tool or the blob brush.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the graphic vector? if so . work in illustrator and draw the rest of the tail. if it was an image, you can rebuild it in photoshop.

I personally think that if its a logo, you would make it in illustrator. but that is me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the stock photo that had the original wolf (the tail is cut off in the original), so I proceeded to image trace it. I'm fairly new to Adobe Illustrator and don't know to much on how to use the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhh. ok. well. you need the pen tool to draw the missing part. its such a small part that is missing this will be easy. it will take you less than a minute to add what is missing.

here is an intro video on the pen tool in illustrator.

Adobe Illustrator Basics: Pen Tool Tutorial - YouTube

Or you can email istock and see if they can contact the artist who made it and see if he will do that for you. your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you licensed the image and its incomplete, contact the stock site and see about getting a good copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

import the jpg file in Illustrator and then select image trace, it will trace that jpg to vector

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this post in the wrong forum?

Is the stock image raster or vector? 

Are you sure you know what the end of its tail should look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines