• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder Structure in LRCC Classic Not correct as I would expect

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time Photoshop/Lightroom CC user I have noticed a strange happening with some of my imported files in the way the structure is displayed. Let me explain. Below is a picture of the folder structure as it sits on the drive:

FinderScreenSnapz001.png

So in LR I would expect to see 4 main top folders for this drive:

- CaptureOne

- Drone

- Lightroom

- MyMutt Program

However, what is see is this:

LightroomScreenSnapz001.png

While things are working for the most part. Images/Folders inside the MyMutt Program folder are not showing up under a master folder like the rest. As you can see The Lightroom and CaptureOne and Drone folders are correct in their structure. And they are just imports of folders inside folders.

Any ideas?

As I was writing this I had 1 thought, does the LRCC folder structure not handle spaces in paths?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

There may be nothing wrong except missing a subtlety of how Lightroom imports. Were these folders imported over time, one by one, from the bottom up; as opposed to from the top folder down?

Try this: If a folder is not under the correct folder, right-click it (or however you have context menus set up on your Mac, such as Control-click) and choose Show Parent Folder. If this starts to gather together folders that should be under the same hierarchy, then nothing was actually wrong, Lightroom was si

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your Mac and the duplicate entries should go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be nothing wrong except missing a subtlety of how Lightroom imports. Were these folders imported over time, one by one, from the bottom up; as opposed to from the top folder down?

Try this: If a folder is not under the correct folder, right-click it (or however you have context menus set up on your Mac, such as Control-click) and choose Show Parent Folder. If this starts to gather together folders that should be under the same hierarchy, then nothing was actually wrong, Lightroom was simply hiding intermediate folders to avoid cluttering up the tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Plus icon at the top of the Folder panel and choose 'Folder name only'. You've set this to showing the name and the path. Then on one or two folders you may have to right-click and choose 'Show Parent Folder' to see the entire hierarchy like it is on your disk.

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing a "Show Parent Folder" several times on the same folder.. moving up the chain it all looks good now... Thanks!

LightroomScreenSnapz002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Crap... I went too far... Now I went too far and see all of my drives under the Mac, not the individual drives as in the image above. This is what I see now... Can I get it back to the way it was before?

LightroomScreenSnapz003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the top-most line in the Folder panel and-

ScreenShot020.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. If I had the / parent, it does not bring the folder level back to the Drive level. It shows Volumes / I wanted those Volumes as the were in the old views above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apology- for unhelpful advice.

A Windows user and not very knowing of Mac Drives/Volumes. I do not understand why drives show as Volumes.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Problem.. it's just baffling.. I know why but don't want it to... I want the old back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First right-click the ‘/‘ folder and choose 'Hide this parent', then do the same with the 'Volumes' and the 'User' folders. Restart Lightroom and your disks should show the correct way again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent... That worked.. I did not think to restart....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines