• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We need to start a Class Action for Muse

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to classaction.org Just put in a request to have them review the Muse situation.  It is going to cost me 10's of thousands of dollars because of Adobe and this cancellation. We can not charge clients to redo sites because you tanked your software.  Glad it will be supported until May 2019 but you have just made the design community who were your best clients when you started. Illustrator 88 and now screw us because you can make more money elsewhere.  Perhaps if you pay ourt millions of dollars you wll see it was cheaper to keep Muse going.  So please go to classaction.org. Or if one has been started let me know how I can join

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if a Class Action is the best strategy.  Adobe can fight a Class Action with a few in-house attorneys.  Maybe the better strategy is for a legion of designers to file small claims (and even larger) in local courts, so Adobe has to fight suits all over the place. Might make them reconsider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software companies move products to EOL status all the time.  That's their perrogative.  No matter how painful this seems to you right now,  you have no legal foundation for a lawsuit -- class action or otherwise. 

You don't need Muse to keep you alive.  It's not a life support system.  It's just software.    Moreover, you have alternatives you can use right now.  See link below for details.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e9fcfe26-b2de-4bed-b9d1-79a3d3515c3f

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the contrary Nancy, a case such as this is may be difficult to compare to previous EOL decisions. Adobe is forcing other companies to pay for their decision through rebuilds, and as is evidenced from comments in some of these threads, those rebuilds for smaller firms heavily invested could indeed put them on life support. Plus the time frame for continued product support can be argued. Furthermore it could be shown that Adobe is aware of the carnage they are inflicting. I’m not a lawyer but even I can see these things. Adobe should be a responsible corporate citizen and get out in front of this by attempting to offer various levels of compensation based on impact. Or at least blanket compensation for those it knows have previously downloaded Muse and BC. Could even be in the form of free product, and help turn the situation into a positive. Doing absolutely nothing is negligent. Taking action would be costly yes, but it’s the ethical thing to do, and might prevent greater financial burden should its brand be damaged. Silicon Valley is under scrutiny these days and with half a million live sites between Muse and BC the numbers would make for great headlines. Corporate giant casts aside little businesses. Do you think Facebook saw it coming? Adobe could easily get away with this, but waiting and hoping it will die down is quite the roll of the dice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacting the media who reports on tech companies. I have reached out to one of the graphic design publications. Financial post or financial newspapers need to hear the designer's side of the story regarding Adobe's decision. Media not just social media. but letting as many media folks know the financial impact Adobe will have on the graphic design community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might agree with you if Muse was the only web site creation software available.  But it's far from it. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting Nancy O’Shea how you consistently ignore the financial burden imposed by rebuilds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines