• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.ARW files - develop Sony RAW file in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The raw files from the Sony Alpha A7 mark 3 (.arw) can not be read by Lightromm cc and the format is not supported.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

The A7 Mark III has been supported in CC 1.1 since December 2017.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-cc-2017-12/#cameras

As Jim said, which version of Lightroom CC are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provides updates, for Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw, with respect to raw processing for new camera models approximately every three months. This is a recently released camera model and support will probably come with the next update. 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 3 months and about 7 days since this question was first asked.  The newest CC update still doesn't support the format.  Any clue when Adobe will have these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A7 Mark III has been supported in CC 1.1 since December 2017.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-cc-2017-12/#cameras

As Jim said, which version of Lightroom CC are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you are wrong dear John they says only about A7rIII but not A7III, this small "r" letter changing everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the model you're talking about?

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, my error. Thanks for pointing that out. The "R" makes all the difference.

This discussion began in Nov 17, confusingly enough, with a question about support for the A7 III (released Feb 2018). But they meant the A7R III which was released in late 2017.

A follow up question on 14 March then also confused the two models. That was the post I was responding to but I too failed to notice the distinction between the A7 and A7R.

The A7 III was just announced in late Feb 2018.

Sony expands “Full-frame Mirrorless” line-up with new a7 III with... - Sony Europe

I think we've now established that support for the A7R III was added by Adobe to Lightroom CC 1.1 back in Dec 2017.

I would expect Adobe to add support for the new A7 III in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are so new it, is impossible for most people to get an A7III.   Mirrorless fans are excited because it is full frame and at a reasonable price. 

While you patiently wait for Adobe to get the RAW formula included in Lightroom, consider using Sony's software to convert the RAWs to TIFFs.  Most, if not all of the quality, will be there.   Sony calls it "Image Data Converter".  If it is not with the camera you can get it here:  Sony eSupport - ILCE-7RM3 - Support

Sony (and Canon, Nikon, Olympus, etc) could consider giving Adobe a heads up with the secret sauce when they come out with a new camera! 

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John Waller says, they are two different Camara Models.

Adobe can only work on providing support for the raw files from new camera models after they are released and available in the market.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main benefit to me is when shooting RAW you have the choice of choosing the chef's recipe to suit your taste. Adobe Camera Raw/ Lightroom, Capture One, DXO Optics Pro, ACDSee Pro, ON One , your Camera Manufacturer's software or several other options.

None of them is 100% accurate or correct they are all options for your choice. Is this not great for the users???

As the present I use Lightroom (which I have since its inception) as my main processor for the raw files from my camera, and I use Capture One 10 and ON One Pro as my alternative applications.

I also have access to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of applications.
For my printing needs I use Qimage from DDI Software which I have used since 2004. (no need for physiological counselling)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has launched a new update today which includes support for the A7 mk iii.

I’ve made a blog post summarizing the main features of the current update:

What’s New in the Lightroom April 2018 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines