• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop gradient (don't work?) bug?

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not experienced something like that it could be  happen.in photoshop.

I understand that programs can have errors,but something like that should not happen   Photoshop in this

version(may be in other above CC 2014 ).

ver : 2017 , 2018 , ver 19, and the version   19.1.2  - the latest update.

What is the problem (try to doing-just few steps) see the problem  if create one layer (dimension document not important and nothing

about it   because the problem is always the same)  and another layer and on the one is one gradient (fill metal)

and on another is other gradient fill(not important which) , and when you turn (switch one layer between other it doing)

but when it is turned   both  on no difference is appearing(no mixing one between other) what is no normally in CC 2014 and

earlier version(i think not tried in cs6 yet because i was too much frustrared about itl).  

Am i dummy with using a 2017, 2018 or what is wrong in this (version) i don't know because nothing is

logic vs  previous version where one layer (of two) influence  to other but in this version nothing changed if it was visible (both)  or not (the

result,effect is the same) you need to try this to trust me or  yourself what you will see. And only what you can see difference (changing)is if you have turned on one layer(one) or other (two).

i hope  i accurately  presented the problem and that you will take a time and try this on your computer and  response to me.

thx.  Regards from Slovenia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

sorry for all my question and discussion .

The main culprit was me   when i use gradient on layer

in one version of Photoshop vs  other vsrsion of Photoshop

where i   claimed that doesn't work or what work in another version.

The problem is because i use in one version of photoshop

gradient opacity set to 100 and in another less than 100

and in this case i can see that one layer effecting to another .

That is all .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t follow, please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Options, …) visible.

What are the Layers’ Blend Modes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it is  much simplier  (without blending modes  ) i have  2 layers (rgb, cmyk not important  document also 8 or 16)  and on the one is one gradient(that i choose from ... you know where), and on the other is another gradient. 

And when you have turned the second layer nothing was change.

and this bug?  was present only in mentioned version.

Try this  and i hope that you  will find out the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it is  much simplier  (without blending modes  ) i have  2 layers (rgb, cmyk not important  document also 8 or 16)  and on the one is one gradient(that i choose from ... you know where), and on the other is another gradient.

And when you have turned the second layer nothing was change.

and this bug?  was present only in mentioned version.

Try this  and i hope that you  will find out the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this one more because i made mistake(grammar i repair and give it in upper CASE) on important information about the problem

I have not experienced something like that it could be  happen.in photoshop.

I understand that programs can have errors,but something like that should not

happen   Photoshop in this version(may be in other BELOW CC 2014 such as cs6).

ver : 2017 , 2018 , ver 19, and the version   19.1.2  - the latest update.

What is the problem (try to doing-just few steps) see the problem  if create

one layer (dimension document not important and nothing  about it   because the problem is always the same)  and another layer and on the one is one gradient (fill metal)  and on another is other gradient fill(not important which) , and when you turn (switch one layer between other it doing)  but when it is turned   both  on no difference is appearing(no mixing one  between other) what is  NOrMALLY in CC 2014 and

earlier version(i think not tried in cs6 yet because i was too much frustrared about itl).  

Am i dummy with using a 2017, 2018 or what is wrong in this (version) i don't know because nothing is

logic vs  previous version where one layer (of two) influence  to other but in this version nothing changed if it was visible (both)  or not (the result,effect is the same) you need to try this to trust me or  yourself what

you will see. And only what you can see difference (changing)is if you have turned on one layer(one) or other (two).

i hope  i accurately  presented the problem and that you will take a time and try this on your computer and  response to me .  Regards from Slovenia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again: Please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels visible.

insertImagePhotographIcon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not described the problem clearly. Please post screenshots including your layers - your whole screen.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thx for answer also  to you i will attach screenshot in a few hour  but however ...

may be this can understand  anyone and can try it in 1 minute.

-​make 2 layers(ver 2017-2018 19.1.2 update)
​-on the each of layer make gradient
​-turn visible of one layer and another (when it is only one visible it shows normally that layer who is visible)

​-turn both and ''Bug '' problem  appears  nothing changed if are both turned (visible on) in the ver 2014

it doing normally that one layer (it is visible) effects to other but in tihs version nothing change to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edited

Please stop wasting your time and just post the screenshots.

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these gradient fill layers, not just layers with gradients applied to them? I'm guessing the former but I cannot make them bug out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry for all my question and discussion .

The main culprit was me   when i use gradient on layer

in one version of Photoshop vs  other vsrsion of Photoshop

where i   claimed that doesn't work or what work in another version.

The problem is because i use in one version of photoshop

gradient opacity set to 100 and in another less than 100

and in this case i can see that one layer effecting to another .

That is all .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines